1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Does anyone know this guy? he trying to tell me i have a "pending ban" on steamrep.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by luckydreadness, Jan 25, 2019.

1. luckydreadness

luckydreadness New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:178517842
    Here is the pic of the chat.

Attached Files:

• 01.PNG
      01.PNG
      File size:
      218.7 KB
      Views:
    • 02.PNG
      02.PNG
      File size:
      156.5 KB
      Views:
    • 03.PNG
      03.PNG
      File size:
      241.2 KB
      Views:
    • 04.PNG
      04.PNG
      File size:
      163.2 KB
      Views:
    • 05.PNG
      05.PNG
      File size:
      134.9 KB
      Views:
    • 06.PNG
      06.PNG
      File size:
      136.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This is a common scam tactic that we refer to as an "Extortion Scam" - the user may or may not be compromised themselves as in the account being controlled by another user to push you to communicate with a "Fake Admin" to resolve the so called "FAKE PENDING BAN".
    This is all FALSE..... you can report that user that started the communication here or you can just report them to Valve directly.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/forms/scam-report.10/respond
    If you submit a report here make sure you follow proper reporting procedures with proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/

But let me say again --- THIS IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST CEASE COMMUNICATION WITH ALL PARTIES!
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I'm really not the type to belittle people for not reading any of the guides we wrote, and I'm generally happy to re-explain or clarify for those who are new to SteamRep, or maybe had some trouble reading and understanding them due to language barriers, impatience, or whatever, but...

[​IMG]
  4. luckydreadness

luckydreadness New User

Steam:
    I am pretty new here but thanks for the help!
  5. luckydreadness

luckydreadness New User

Steam:
    I forgot to tell you this but that account was hijacked.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Most are - however YOU are responsible for your account at all times. That is Valve's stance..that is ours.
    Anyone that reports a situation like this here MUST make sure they report the FIRST user that contacted them to start the event. They can reference others mentioned/involved in the description of the report.
    I'm posting that just for anyone else reading since most of the time it's done backwards..they report the Fake Admin and not their "Friend" when their "Friend" started it.