1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Does scamming bot not a concern here?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by BenKorrie, Oct 14, 2017.

1. BenKorrie

BenKorrie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57406521
    Bots for leveling up is popular. Someone with bad attention would likely to use that opportunity to scam people.

I never scammed by these bots, but as i am concerned someone may, and we as a concerned community should at least do something about it, at least, put it into one of steamrep's type of acceptable scam reports.

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198125116498-steam-trading-cards.175213/#post-458447

this is one of report i made, and the resolve was to contact the bot support channel. What is a bit dissapointing is that, the bot is scamming people, so any contacts made to support channel or owner etc, would not get entertain as their intention is to scam. Why would he?

thanks you.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Our current stance with regards to trading bots is that you need to contact the owner and resolve the issue and a report is archived unless valid proof is provided showing the owner in communication over steam chat completely shutting you down while also confirming ownership.

EDIT: Also you must show intent to scam - by the bot/owner in which it was clearly a move to go against the stated agreement.

As for this thread its clearly made to argue the outcome of your report.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/
  3. BenKorrie

BenKorrie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57406521
    I simply trying to open some awareness of new trade scam that are soaring high atm. Arguing, yes. Making it a contest? You had your side of argument, maybe i should explain my side of argument for others to decide. I just can't fathom how you suggest i actually should try to find or initiate a chat to a bot that is already been doing scam for months, clearly the owner is hiding since he is doing something wrong. This is not some legit bot that have support channel, owner link on their profile etc. This is solely trade scam that are automated by an account in steam.

Nvm, it is still two person talk. Maybe my approach is wrong. Forget about it.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Our current stance with regards to trading bots is that you need to contact the owner and resolve the issue and a report is archived unless valid proof is provided showing the owner in communication over steam chat completely shutting you down while also confirming ownership.

EDIT: Also you must show intent to scam - by the bot/owner in which it was clearly a move to go against the stated agreement.
    DOUBLE EDIT: If you can't find a legit channel to discuss with the owner or a owner issues with the bot then DO NOT USE IT!! This should be pretty much common sense with any service anywhere not just on steam. We have NO idea..ZERO if you had any contact and resolved the problem - in your case you never even traded and we have again NO idea...ZERO if there was a glitch with bot, something script related changed on the fly or anything along those lines when there was no communication between you and the owner to rectify the problem.
    This is where this statement comes back into play:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    in a nutshell, for any bot related scam, you must be able to prove that it isn't a technical difficulty or a mistake code wise.