1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Does SteamRep have an official Discord?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Tumor, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Tumor

Tumor Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:179643005
    Just wanted to ask and see if there was one. I didn't want to ask outside of SR due to impersonations and all that good stuff floating around. If not that's cool I just wanted to ask.
  2. Tumor

Tumor Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    Also I went to Wicked Afterlife but the Discord widget doesn't work. Hoping I could get an invite there too. my name on Discord is Stravata#0990
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    We don't have a public Discord as in for SteamRep.

The WA discord is hardly utilized for major communication but it does exist for those that wished to join it and use it for whatever purposes...its not monitored or managed much either.
  4. Tumor

Tumor Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    @ЩĄ | Horse The widget on the Wicked Afterlife website won't load. I wasn't able to join the Wicked Afterlife Discord Server. Could I have an invite on my discord account or here?
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    doesn't surprise me but I believe a perm invite link is posted on our steam group page some where.
  6. Tumor

Tumor Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    SteamRep does not have a public Discord server, and we have no plans to create one at this time. The topic has come up internally, but we felt it would be prone to abuse by scammers, and too taxing for our volunteers to moderate. I think such a group may benefit the community, but not enough to justify the risks or added workload. Some of our staff are also completely uninterested in joining such a server, as the random pings, private messages, and burden of moderating it would distract from their regular SteamRep duties.

Some other communities do have their own Discord servers though, and usually by request some of our staff are active in them as invited guests and colored roles identifying us, but SteamRep plays no role in moderating any of these servers. You should take steps to verify the identity of anyone in Discord claiming to be from SteamRep, as Discord is quite prone to impersonation.
    [M&C] TheBluekr and Tumor like this.
  8. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104