1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined DOTAmarket.com

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by UnuSec, Oct 6, 2014.

1. UnuSec

UnuSec New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:110831
    1. SteamRep Integration

a. Do you run Trade Servers? Please list the URL/IP of each server in your community that runs the SteamRep plugin and how many days each has been running it.
    We’re not running any trade servers, our community consists of a forum where users can list their buy/sell ads of DOTA items.

b. Do you run a trade-related web application or community? List the URLs of the sites that run theSteamRep Web APIand how many days each has been utilizing the API to block or mark scammers.

We just applied for an API key in order to check for scammers at login/register and block them from our community.

2. Have you made any modifications or changes to the SteamRep plugin or are you running an unofficial plugin? If so, please explain.

N/A

3. Please list the URL of your community's Steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DOTAmarket-com

4. Please list the URL of your Steam group containing your community's administrators.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DOTAmarket-staff

5. Please list ALL admins (not in the above group) and/or moderators of your community below with links to their SteamRep profile (e.g. HelenAngel -http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197977521239)

N/A

6. What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities?

We do our best to prevent such things from happening and in the event of one of our users scamming other users, the former will be blocked from our community. We have a 0-tolerance policy for scamming or scamming-related activities!

7. Why does your community wish to exchange banners and become a Friend of SteamRep?
    A banner from you guys would mean a lot to us, we are a new community and recognition from SteamRep would mean a lot. As stated on our page, we’re committed to keeping our users safe and we want to be as responsive as possible when it comes to dealing with scammers and keeping them off of our site. We respect and appreciate the time you put into maintaining and keeping SteamRep functional, so that community traders can be protected from scammers and in the future we want to do whatever possible to help and support you in that endeavor.

8. Please provide a link to your community's website (if applicable)
    www.DOTAmarket.com

9. Please provide a link to your community's Sourcebans or ban/report forum.
    http://dotamarket.com/forum/scam-reports

10. Please provide a link to your community's stats page, hlstatsx or GameMe (if applicable).

N/A

11. Please provide additional details about your community such as how it came to be, how long it has been around, the primary goals of it, what it does, etc.

A few years ago I registered this domain to try something very much different. I had this idea on how to make cash trades 100% safe for both parties, but the fees/chargeback risk for us was too big and a few possible investors I had in mind did not like the idea. So I kept the domain and when Jerry announced that D2T would be closing, I could not imagine that… So I started working on my own, paid some people to help with stuff I could not do, invested in a VPS for a year (they did not let me pay for more) and registered the domain for 2 more years in advance. I’ve been trying my best to get things rolling and it seems to be going well, our community is growing slowly but steadily.

After a month of activity we have more than 150 members and I selected 2 supportive/passionate members to join me as mods.

Our primary goal was to offer DOTA cash traders a place where they can make cash trades, have a rep thread with proofs of trades done and a section where they can report scammers.

In order to achieve our future goals, we’ve set up a donation stretch goal system http://dotamarket.com/donations

All the money coming from donations will be invested in future improvements of this project. We’ve also set up a user-ranking system based on donations in order to stimulate users to donate (this system is different from staff-ranking and users will not be granted mod or admin status based on their donations).

12. Please post your community's desired banner (if not already on SR).Banners should be 225x48.
    DOTAmarket.jpg

SilverFoX [GER] likes this.
  2. Lapoozza of the Storm

Lapoozza of the Storm New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:97136551
    Very good site with a nice format for rep threads (need screenshots as well). Hope this gets accepted soon.
  3. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    Application is currently under review.
    Enstage likes this.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I was unable to connect to your community's website, www.dotamarket.com. Is your community still active?

Attached Files:

5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Without any response from the owner, and the website in question still dead, we are unable to move forward with this application.