1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Doxing via Reporting someone

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Bizarro, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Bizarro

Bizarro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62716780
    What is doxing?

I have come to the awareness of a dropbox link attached to a report doxing the person, in full.

I am under the impression SteamRep encourages hiding your Steam Account in screenshots (correct me if I am wrong).

I am mind blown how this information is not made Admin only. The individual has had dozens of attacks against him due to this information remaining public on the SteamRep report. I am told he requested via the report function to have the information made Admin/Mod only, however, that never happened.

I would appreciate clarification from an Administrator on SteamRep's position on personal information that can lead to not only online breaches in security but real life violence if a crazy individual found the information and acted on it.

Please, clear this up for me and many others on where SteamRep stands on doxing in reports.

TLDR:

What is SteamRep's position on information in reports that is considered personal/private and or doxing remaining public? If a user requests for certain irrelevant private information to be made "Admin/Mod" only will SteamRep comply?
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Bizarro

Bizarro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62716780
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You never submitted any post report regarding the report against you. You needlessly have drawn attention to it now by posting here about it and I dont understand why. What in the report against you do you find objectionable or consider PII? Specific types of PII we do remove upon request, if a user would like specific info removed, this is done by submitting a post report. We also recommend when users submit specific info to remove the most sensitive parts.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.