1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Retracted Duskfall's (Re)Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Duskfall -a^DF, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41806566
    1) Applicant Name and Info: (copy and paste the usual several lines of IDs from SR profile)
    |steamID: [MLP:FiM]Duskfall
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:41806566
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043878861
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ONI-Brony
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198043878861

Q & A
    2) How old are you, what city and area do you live in?
    I am 17 years old. I live in San Jose, California, United States.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself (job, school, hobbies, other)?
    I am currently in high school. I enjoy drawing, writing, and gaming (obviously).

4) Why do you want to be an SR mod?
    Several of my friends have been scammed before and I am determined to make the lives of scammers as hard as possible. Scamming also goes against my own ethical code.

5) How much time can you donate to SR per week?
    I can probably spend about contribute about three to four hours of work with SteamRep per day. In total, that would be around 21 - 28 hours every week.

6) Do you have any prior admin experience, or similar, and please elaborate?
    I am an admin in a small gaming community ( http://steamcommunity.com/groups/clanofthedemofish | focuses on gaming, similar to Hal's Playground, if you have ever heard of that gaming community). Although I think I may be resigning my position there. There has been some drama going on within the group, and factions are forming with members and officers on both sides. Running from the problem probably isn't the best idea, but I everyone in that group is a friend of mine and I don't want to choose sides. If the situation does explode, I want to be away from the fallout.
    That aside, I do not have any specific job, although it is generally accepted that I assist with enforcing server rules and mediate in internal dispute. Recently though (as in 15 minutes ago), the current server owner has offered me a position to help manage our server. I'm still weighing my options, since assuming I accept and/or am accepted into all of these positions (server managing, SteamRep mod), I have to manage my time between school work, SteamRep, and managing the server, all of which take up a lot of time. I will post an update about the server manager position when I make my final decision.
    At this time, I have been in this group for 14 months and have been an officer for 12 months.

7) What do you foresee as challenges as an SR mod?
    I tend to get irritated at people who don't stop doing something despicable. In this state, I usually begin to speak more sarcastically, rudely, or a combination of both.

8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce per SR rules and guidelines?
    Of course!

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying appeals or accepting reports?
    I just feel afraid I might make a solid decision when there isn't enough solid evidence present. My opinions tend to form when my gut has done so. Not really appropriate grounds for such a thing.

10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?
    Yes.

11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?
    See numbers seven and nine.

12) What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to SR?
    I've been on SteamRep for some time now, so I know at least roughly how things run around here. Any training that I may need would be minimal and I would be able to take a share of the workload here on SteamRep fairly quickly.

13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)
    At this particular moment, I'm am not entire sure. However, at this time I would like to say no, I am not.

14) Please list all alternate Steam Accounts by their ID64.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073648288/
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198064428083

15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?
    I do.

16) Do you have any questions?
    None at this moment. I'll probably have some down the road, however.
  2. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30535511
    I personally want to vouch for this person.

He has been very helpful on the Report a Scam forum correcting formats and guiding the newlings around by providing them all the information they would need.

Best of luck to you!
  3. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    Regarding the offer made by my server's manager to help manage the server, I've decided to decline the offer. I have also decided to resign from my clan due to the overwhelming stress from its internal drama and the inevitable fallout. I'm not entirely sure how that would affect my position here other than I'd have more free time.
    -Dusk
  4. Sjru

Sjru SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Ï'll vouch him, he's really nice and always helpful.
  5. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    I don't know this gentleman from a bar of soap, however I see him contribute to the forum regularly, and I have enjoyed reading many of his posts.
  6. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    I don't post as much anymore; the current mods are doing a great jobs getting to the scam reporters in a timely matter, so there's not much for me to say.

... and a bar of soap? xD
  7. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    One of reasons why I wanted to become a Mod was that the reports were taking quite a bit of time to get processed and reviewed and honestly I think the reports are still taking a while to get reviewed. However, actually reviewing these reports doesn't seem to be part of the Mods' jobs. As of late, I think Sjru, Nero, gencobra, Aces and all of the other Mods who I may have forgotten to name have done a great job of getting these reports processed for review in a timely manner.
    As such, I'd like to withdraw my application. To those who vouched for me, thank you! I just don't think another moderator is need, since the present ones already do a good job. Frankly, I'm tired of power now (you can blame my old clan for that).

Best of luck to all of you!
    -Dusk
  8. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    I suspect that SR is always perpetually in need of "good" people, and as such it would be a disappointing if you pull your application :)