1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator Dylan's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Bill Nye the Nazi Spy 4, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Nye the Nazi Spy 4

Bill Nye the Nazi Spy 4 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:120981950
    | steamname: Dylan Klebold
    | steam3ID: [U:1:241963900]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:120981950
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198202229628
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/sacredwaffle
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198202229628

2) I am currently 18 years of age, with my birthday being on October 28, 1998. I am currently living along the east coast of the United states in the state of North Carolina. However, i will be moving up to New York on June 22, but that will not affect the time zone.
    3) My name is Andrew, I am a fairly dedicated player of CS:GO. Most of my free time is spent either playing CS:GO or browsing the trade forum. I currently do not have a job, but a fair bit of my time is taken up with schoolwork, mainly my AP Psychology class.
    4) I would like to become a SteamRep moderator because, from my experience, there are quite a few scammers out looking for new traders that may be easy to scam. Also, several of my friends have had items scammed off of them in the past. So, if I am able to help provide warning signs to others that may prevent them from being scammed, I would love to do so.
    5) I cannot provide an extreme amount of time towards being a SteamRep admin, as I do have schoolwork that I have to get done. However, I do have about 3 hours a day (on average) of which i can use to perform my duties as a moderator. So, in a week, I will have roughly 21 hours that I can put into moderating the site.
    6) I do not have very much history with being a moderator, however i have been able to observe how current moderators handle reports, and what their responses are to many different situations.
    7) Some challenges that may arise if I were to become a moderator is that i may not have the time some days to be on the site. Also, I may not be administrating the site too frequently throughout summer as I will be visiting family that a rarely get to see. So I may have less free time because I would be spending time with my family.
    8) I can accept the rules and guidelines of SteamRep, as there is a reason behind why each of the rules are in place.
    9) I would not have an issue with accepting or denying reports/appeals. If there is evidence of a scam attempt from a user, i would have no problem with accepting, or vice versa. If there is not enough evidence of the user attempting a scam, then I wouldn't have a problem denying as well, as i would hate to confirm a report on an innocent trader.
    10) I do handle instruction very well, and I am not ashamed nor afraid of taking instructions from a more experienced admin. If there is something that I need to get done, I will get it done.
    11) Some of my personal faults may include my fairly short attention span, however it has improved over the years. Another fault concerning the position of being moderator may be that I am not very experienced with DOTA or TF2. I could try to become a little bit involved within the community in order to help with some of the other games and scams involved with their respective items.
    12) I am looking to be able to label different scammers that are within the community, which would possibly provide a warning sign for any inexperienced traders within the community. I have reported several different individuals on this site, and will try to help anyone who needs it while trying to trade their items.
    13) I am not currently quite sure if I would like to eventually become a SteamRep Admin, as I haven't yet had any experience with being a moderator on this site. Perhaps i would eventually like to become an admin, but I would not want to get in over my head and get a job in which I have no clue what to do. But I feel that I will most likely become more interested as I become more and more experienced.
    14) My only alternative steam account at the moment:
    | steamname: OG Bill
    | steam3ID: [U:1:410831127]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:205415563
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198371096855
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198371096855
    If I create another I will make sure to provide it.
    15) I do agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it.
    16) I have read and understand the different duties of a SteamRep moderator.
    17) I am very fequently posting on the CS:GO trade forum (https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/tradingforum/) which is where I do most of my trading.
    18) I do not currently have any questions on any of the aforementioned topics.
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Would highly recommend that you get more experience either in these forums or in partner community forums. Best of luck.
  3. Bill Nye the Nazi Spy 4

Steam:
    Will do. Thanks for your time
  4. Bill Nye the Nazi Spy 4

Steam:
    To anyone wondering, my current steam name is different from the name on steamrep, and i made a mistake and didn't post as the name bill.
  5. Bill Nye the Nazi Spy 4

Steam:
    Just a note, I have also applied for a position as a middleman on Fortress of Gamers. I have not been approved at the moment, but thought that I should mention that I have filled out an application.
  6. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hello, thank you for your patience. Are you still interested in becoming a moderator? Have you gained any experience at a partner community since you last posted?
  7. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco SteamRep Moderator

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Hi @Bill Nye the Nazi Spy 4

Thank you for your application, however due to your lack of response to the question asked above, we are declining your application.

We are sorry for the delay handling your application, and if you are interested again in the future, feel free to reapply.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.