1. Item verification is always, 100% a SCAM! Glitched, illegal, or otherwise unsafe items don't exist.
    If you're here for an admin's "trade assistance", read this immediately or you will lose your items!!!

Pending: Moderator eddyisapro's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by eddyisapro, Nov 6, 2016.

1. eddyisapro

eddyisapro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50514485
    1) SteamRep ID block pasted from your SR profile.

| steamname: eddyisapro
    | steam3ID: [U:1:101028971]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:50514485
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061294699
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/eddyisapro
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198061294699

2) Are you at least 18 years of age? Timezone and nation of residence?

Yes. I'm 19. 20 in a few weeks. GMT +8. Australia

3) Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)?

I m honest, patient, friendly and sociable. I m currently studying Engineering at a university. I work as a team member at a local supermarket, part time. My hobbies are reading, gaming and active forum surfing. I also have a bit of knowledge on programming and scripting. C, pawno(SAMP), PHP and MySQL.

4) Why do you want to become a SteamRep moderator?

I m a victim of being scammed even after reading multiple threads and forums (this forum was very valuable when I first saw it and got into it) on how to avoid being scammed. But I'm a quick learner and very reluctant now as I'm able to differentiate more from scammers to people that are legit. I m very capable and also an active forum/s surfer as I like to call it. Also I can happy to do my part in preventing scams and helping others.

5) How much time can you devote to SteamRep per week?

20+ hours a week.

6) Do you have any prior administrative experience, or similar (please elaborate)?

I m currently a lead administrator in a GTA SAMP community. It has been roughly 2 years since I was an admin in the community and still am. svttdm.com. Some of things I do - solving player complaints, unban appeals, player suggestions, refunds, bug checks, website control panel to show user statistics from ingame.

7) What challenges do you foresee if you become a moderator?

The only thing I can think of is that it may be time consuming to understand, should their English be not clear. I wouldn't call it challenging as I m exposed this sort of ordeals in the SAMP community I'm with. On the SAMP community I have even dealt with other languages such as Spanish by using google translator to understand the person and solve their problems. But with past experiences I can handle it well.

8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce SteamRep rules and guidelines?

Yes.

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying / accepting reports and appeals?

Not at all.

10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?

I do. If I have any queries I m willing to clear it up with admins before continuing.

11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?

I believe there is time management trouble sometimes, but I can overcome it by planning. Also to be more understanding to people but I'm getting better with my past experiences.

12) What contributions do you hope to be able to make? We're especially interested in previous content or experience that shows you can help educate the community on fraud prevention.

I hope than I can do my bit in the prevention of fraud/scams/attempts for this community. Also from my experience in the SAMP community as an administrator it is one of my repressibility to look out for cheaters/hackers and explain and teach the junior administrators with their queries and questions. In the same way I'm positive that my addition to the steam rep community will be valuable, as I m here to learn more while at the same time educating the community of what I have learnt from past experiences.

13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)

Yes if you guys think I'm up for it. I have dealt with a lot of people/issues/circumstances in the SAMP community as an administrator and am very capable, understanding and experienced. I m up for anything that you guys throw at me.

14) Please list all alternate Steam accounts using SteamRep ID blocks.

N/A

15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?

Yes and I will abide by it

16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?

Yes. I do

17) (If applicable) List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin), also give a link to the account(s) there.

CS:GO Lounge - user
    http://csgolounge.com/profile?id=76561198061294699

18) Do you have any questions?

Not as of now.

Thank you for your time.
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hello, was wondering if you were still interested in the position.
  3. eddyisapro

eddyisapro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50514485
    Yes I'm. Thank you.
    a Gentleman likes this.