1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Estimated Time for Review

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by a tasty serving of, Jun 20, 2014.

1. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    I was wondering if it would be possible to implement an estimated time for review on scam reports. I realize you guys are backed up and the mod acceptance rate is slow and each case is different Yet, I think it is something that is in the realm of possibility. Maybe if say idk 400 cases are done on average in a day and there are currently 4000 cases pending that a rough estimate of 10 days before the case is reviewed. It would help cut down on some unnecessary messages and would definitely be something that puts a scam reporter's mind at rest. As it stands now, I find myself check it atleast daily to see if my report is gonna be processed and is mildly annoying

On a related subject, I was wondering if you guys think that anytime in the near future if the backlog will get to a point where the reports would be processed relatively quickly (i.e a day or two) The quicker scammers are identified and banned, the fewer additional scams the scammer could get away with. Anyways thanks you guys for being here and making the community a safer place to be. Love the new pending report reputation status.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    We won't be able to provide ETAs. We're volunteers and when we have time to work on the reports we will. We're very understaffed and the backlog will continue to be large for a long time. Summer does free up some staff from school obligations, but right now I don't see the backlog getting cleared up entirely.

I highly recommend you don't spend your time checking your scam reports everyday. By posting your report publicly, traders have the ability to see those and judge for themselves if the report looks like a danger to them, so you've already done what you needed to do.

If you were scammed, it's highly recommended you report them to Valve via their Steam profile.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.