1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Fake reports = Trade Ban?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by dgkin, Oct 30, 2015.

1. dgkin

dgkin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34502461
    Hello! ;D

I want to ask; is it possible to get Trade ban for fake reports. If you got a lot reports, will you get Trade Ban?
    And how many reports need? Thanks! ;P
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    SteamRep is not Steam, hence they can't administer Trade Bans.

You weren't very clear with your question, so I'll answer two interpretations of it:

1. If a user creates fake reports they can get banned on SteamRep (not Steam). They also won't be able to appeal if they created fake evidence.
    2. There is no threshold for the amount of reports you can get before you get marked.
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    ^Like he said.

SteamRep is not Steam. Contact Steam Support with questions here.
  4. dgkin

dgkin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34502461
    Can you fix "Faje" to "Fake"? :D
    I have not trade ban, just Ask, if you have a lot friends and if you got a lot reports, so can you get trade bans? I saw many steam users, who has trade bans for 2-4 months, and i am interesting, they got ir for scam or for many reports ;D
  5. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    I'm not a staff member here, I don't have the ability to edit your post.

Please read the following sentences carefully:
    SteamRep is not Steam, SteamRep cannot administer trade bans. Trade bans are administered by Steam (Valve) and are unrelated to reports on SteamRep. Steam administers trade bans for whatever reason they see fit, as far as I know they won't just ban a user because they have a few reports made against them through Steam, they have to have actually committed an offence.
  6. surprise

surprise New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:72999479
    If you are on trade probation, yes, you can get banned because of the fake reports.
  7. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    I understand your question quite easily, not sure why everyone else did not answer. Quite simply, yes, it is possible
  8. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20981877
    I think he's referring to whether you could get trade banned for RECEIVING fake reports. Like, if someone hates you, didn't like a trade, etc and they report you.

So my answer would be no.
  9. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Well if he was talking about SR then you're correct but isn't the valve reporting system based upon how many reports they get?
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    No, it depends on the steam tickets they get. The profile reports on steam will help at such a time, for they can see a list of "complaints" as well when they review a profile.
    Hence: All trade bans are manually done. Those depend therefore on ticket content, and in smaller part whatever the profile reports are bout.
    But I think Valve is reworking/rebuilding their support (due articles I read around the last couple months about that).

The warning other people get without a trade ban/probation, is actually dependent on the number of profile reports within x time... and lasts a couple weeks, 2-3 weeks or something.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.