1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Fake steamcommunity scam/phising?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by My name isnt Wumba, Jul 8, 2014.

1. My name isnt Wumba

My name isnt Wumba New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:15706121
    Uhh so i recently got added by this guy, and he spams me with multiple URLs that are meant to be profiles, but are on *snip*, *snip*, and *snip*. There were many more but i forgot. They dont really lead to a website, it just said that the website creator hasn't added any content. IDK whats going on.
    Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

/admin edit: removed offending URL's for those are phishing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Happens all the time now, a lot when you bump an Outpost trade it seems. Don't go posting the URL around everywhere either. Don't go to them at all cause they are basically phishing links to hijack -just use the report feature in Steam and block em as SR doesn't accept these reports anymore.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    if you mistakenly put your account credentials in such site, you lose your steam account, for the phisher has stolen it.

I'll remove the url's in the OP.
  4. Suttles

Suttles New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10543958
    Everytime I bump my trade on outpost I get 1-5 adds. Valve had a system to prevent it but they removed it since apparently some people add over 20 people daily.
    Just check their profiles and if they are private or they have not played a game in a while, it's most likely a phisher.