1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted FirePowered Gaming (formerly The Hooded Alliance)

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Dr. McKay, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay FirePowered Owner Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23071901
    I'm going to try this again. I posted a request a while ago, which I decided to withdraw due to issues, but I've cleaned up our management a bit since then. So here goes:

1. Please list the URL/IP of each server in your community that runs the SteamRep plugin and how many days each has been running it.

Trade:
    216.231.130.125:27015
    216.231.130.126:27015
    (formerly trade.thehoodedalliance.com:27015, unusual.thehoodedalliance.com:27015)

Idle:

2. Have you made any modifications or changes to the SteamRep plugin? If so, please list.

Running a custom SteamRep plugin

3. Please list the URL of your community's Steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FirePowered
    (formerly: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/THAlliance)

4. Please list the URL of your admins Steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FirePoweredAdmins

(formerly: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/THAAdmins )

5. Please list ALL admins (not in the above group) and/or moderators of your community below with links to their SteamRep profile (e.g. HelenAngel -http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197977521239)

N/A

6. What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities?

Zero-tolerance, but absolute certainty must be guaranteed before we would mark scammers on SteamRep (in other words, the guidelines for scammer-marking will be higher than for local banning).

7. Why does your community wish to be affiliated with SteamRep?

We wish to be able to help the TF2 community to remain safe from scammers, of whom we have seen many on our unusual trading server. It also makes our admins more credible if they have admin rep on SteamRep.

8. Please provide a link to your community's website (if applicable)

https://firepoweredgaming.com/

9. Please provide a link to your community's Sourcebans or ban/report forum.

https://firepoweredgaming.com/sourcebans/

10. Please provide a link to your community's stats page, hlstatsx or GameMe (if applicable).

http://stats.firepoweredgaming.com/

11. Please provide additional details about your community such as how it came to be, how long it has been around, the primary goals of it, what it does, etc.

We just celebrated our one-year birthday a few months ago. In the time that we have been in existence, we have undergone many changes for the better. We are now running on our own secure dedicated server. Our primary goal is to provide a fun and safe environment for traders to interact (and to trade!). We also run many custom plugins, if that means anything, developed by myself.

I suppose I should add our admin recruiting process. As the owner, I'm the only person able to add admins, and I recruit based on what I see in-game. Asking to be an admin on our servers pretty much guarantees that you will not get it. I recruit admins based on friendly, helpful, and honest characteristics that I see.

Edit by Mattie: The Hooded Alliance has merged with FirePowered Gaming.

12. Please post your community's desired banner (if not already on SR). Banners should be 225x48. Example

[​IMG]

Edit by Mattie: Needs updating to a new banner for FirePowered Gaming soon.
  2. Dr. McKay

Steam:
    Dangit, missed the edit window.

trade.thehoodedalliance.com has been running the SteamRep plugin for around a year now, and unusual.thehoodedalliance.com has been running it since it was created, early this year.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I'd like to vouch for McKay here, the last app he made got trashed which wasn't right - I trust him as he's never given me any reason not to, he's also a senior member of Allied Modders and trusted enough by them to be a Sourcemod plugin approver.
  4. Dr. McKay

Steam:
    To be absolutely fair, I withdrew the previous application myself. I felt as if we just weren't ready yet, but we have made many changes since then. I removed a few admins fairly recently that were just causing problems. We now have less admins, but they're the best of the best.
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Is the SR plugin functioning? for I don't see SR plugin induced bans in the SourceBans.
  6. Dr. McKay

Steam:
    Yes, but I didn't enable the "ban for X minutes" option.
  7. Kaz (ЩĄ)

Kaz (ЩĄ) Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5496089
    More legit sounding than most! I'm not vouching for them as I don't know them, however anyone Horsedick vouches for I trust.
  8. jameless

jameless Guru Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19765576
    Due to some backlog on the reports/appeals, it may take a moment to get the apps in order, just as a heads up that it may take a little bit before we can focus on it.

In other respects, McKay has created quite a few plugins with SourceMod, including a backpack.tf price checker, a morecolors.inc that I hope to include in a newer version of the SR plugin, a local item server (for when a server loses connection to steam's item server) and many others. He dedicates a lot of time to creating fun for Source gamers, and I feel that earns some rep.
    DataStorm likes this.
  9. Dr. McKay

Steam:
    I'm going to bump this because it's coming up on 90 days.
  10. {BBG} Big Bang Theory

{BBG} Big Bang Theory Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19517283
    Dr. McKay is a huge contributor to the TF2 community regarding all he does with sourcemod plugins. I think he should get whatever he wants asap, in my humble opinion. Thanks Dr. McKay for all you do!
  11. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    Whoa there bang. Slow down. It's just an affiliation app, not to be President of the world! ;)
    Dr. McKay likes this.
  12. Dr. McKay

Steam:
    President of the world sounds fun. I'm applying for that next.
    SudasGalva likes this.
  13. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

would be a "small" world is my guess...
  14. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    If you get voted into world presidency just remember I supported your steamrep application when you were still a nobody. Remember this when tax time comes around..... remember.... o_O
  15. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

That would be the Valve Tax?
  16. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

And lol, nice controversy on that plugin. (no influence on this app)

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  17. Dr. McKay

Steam:
    Thanks! I strive to make SPUF angry, it doesn't really take much.

That being said, I'm acquainted with the guy who maintains the Pinion plugin. He's implementing checks to deny team selection if the timer has not yet expired, so my plugin will be useless soon enough.
  18. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Oh, I made my contributions there too...

alto the join block timer is just... useless, they already had blocked/closed it then. Too late for a "repair". I'd check for connect/disconnect ratios then. for that will cause players to leave server for not being able to get into a team.
  19. Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt Backpack.tf founder

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42768607
    I think he forgot to mention he also created and maintains the plugin for backpack.tf which allows me to have this amazing page listing all the servers that use the plugin. What's taking so long guys? :D
  20. Dr. McKay

Steam:
    I suppose I should mention that as of two days ago, I am running my improved SteamRep checker instead of the official one on my servers. It's configured to permaban scammers + their IP addresses, kick trade-banned players, and tag trade-probation players.
    Melkor likes this.