1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Gamers United Australia Community Application (Updated)

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Dr.Fallen, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Dr.Fallen

Dr.Fallen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50935341
    ** Note from HelenAngel: I would like to sincerely apologize to Gamers United for my lack of attention to this thread. I am 100% responsible for the state of this application as I insisted Dr. Fallen post it before it was ready and I had not edited it to update the information (though it is now updated). This should in NO WAY reflect negatively on this community as it is entirely my fault.**

Application for Gamers United AU
    1.Please list the URL/IP of each server in your community that runs the SteamRep plugin and how many days each has been running it.

GamersUnited AU
    27.50.71.4:22015 GamersUN | TF2#80 SteamRep Running: > 90 Days
    27.50.71.4:22025 GamersUN | TF2#81 SteamRep Running: > 90 Days
    27.50.71.4:22035 GamersUN | TF2#82 SteamRep Running: > 90 Days
    27.50.71.4:22045 GamersUN | TF2#83 SteamRep Running: > 90 Days
    27.50.71.4:22055 GamersUN | TF2#84 SteamRep Running: > 90 Days
    27.50.71.4:22065 GamersUN | TF2#85 SteamRep Running: > 90 Days

2. Have you made any modifications or changes to the SteamRep plugin? If so, please list.
    No changes have been made.

3. Please list the URL of your community's Steam group.

GamersUnited AU http://www.steamcommunity.com/groups/gamersunitedau

4. Please list the URL of your admins Steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GAMERSUNTA

5. Please list ALL admins (not in the above group) and/or moderators of your community below with links to their SteamRep profile (e.g. HelenAngel - http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197977521239)

These admin are in the above group but we are listing them for courtesy below:
    Moe http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197970935587
    Wm http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197974616601

6. What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities?

Gamers UN has always taken a firm stance against sharking, scamming & any activities that would harm players or the community. Scammers are dealt with swiftly and reported promptly. We strive to maintain the highest standards for not only our staff but our community as a whole. We strongly support SteamRep and its mission and work closely with admins to ensure that our servers remain safe and scammer-free.

7. Why does your community wish to be affiliated with SteamRep?

Gamers UN has always been a staunch supporter of SteamRep and its mission of scam prevention and education. We direct our users to best trading practices and guides to trading that SteamRep offers and work with SR admins to educate our community. We look forward to expanding our relationship with SR in order to join the fight against scammers and other malicious practices by those who would do our community harm.

8. Please provide a link to your community's website (if applicable)

GamersUnited AU http://www.gamersunited.net.au

9. Please provide a link to your community's Sourcebans or ban/report forum.

http://www.gamersunited.net.au/index.php/contact-us?type=report

Appeals- http://www.gamersunited.net.au/index.php/contact-us?type=banappeal

10. Please provide a link to your community's stats page, hlstatsx or GameMe (if applicable).

http://gamersun-au.gameme.com/tf22

11. Please provide additional details about your community such as how it came to be, how long it has been around, the primary goals of it, what it does, etc.

Gamers UN is affiliated with Hypernia, ozfortress, KritzKast, NZFortress & Asia Fortress. Our Gamers UN Europe admins also manage the KritzKast TF2 servers (KritzKast is already a SR Affiliate community). Our admins host the annual TF2 Mix-Up charity event that raises thousands of dollars for good causes every year. We strive to provide a safe, fun, and friendly environment for all players. We are committed to providing all gamers with a cheat free, enjoyable gaming experience. In addition, the feedback of the community is extremely valuable to us and is strongly encouraged. We have forums and a Steam group where users can chat as well as dedicated admins that work hard to stay in touch with the community and see that this is accomplished.

Please feel free to ask any questions and we will be more than happy to address them promptly. :)

Banner:
    gu_banner-steamrep.png
  2. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:31047928
    Steam:
    Don't you think your community is a little young to be applying for a banner?
    They're generally only awarded to communities that are already well established.
    0 Day old servers :S
  3. TradingCo

TradingCo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61150066
    Hey there! SteamRep requires your servers to be running a minium of 90 days with the SR plugin active. You currently have 0 days as stated above.

You also didint answer a bunch of the questions. #6 and #7 and #9 and #11
  4. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    I told him to go ahead and post the thread now and will edit it when he gets the additional information. :)

GamersUnited is a very well-established community and has two branches, one in the EU and one in AU.
  5. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Sorry, my mistake

Does that mean that the Days Counter is incorrect too? I checked the stats page and it appears to have been up for longer than a month already (not sure total time; just glanced over the daily awards page for March and it showed results for the entire month)
  6. Dr.Fallen

Dr.Fallen New User

Steam:
    Yeah the figure may be wrong, I don't deal directly with operations in AU. If its been up for longer my apologies for inaccuracies :)
  7. Dr.Fallen

Dr.Fallen New User

Steam:
    Hello here is the banner that we would like to use. Thanks ^_^

Attached Files:

8. G.U has many many servers and is well established..i belive they never ran S.R plugins..they should asap,and get the minumum requirments..they have a good staff and does well down under..g/l with this application..
  9. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Yeah GU .au trade servers have SR plugin for ages, no idea if Fallen posted this app on the spur of the moment, I am not sure if he even checked with WM or other L2's. I am a little embarrassed it went up without the proper info or details.

Anyway GU is an old, very established community (the biggest in Australia) with extensive ties to other communities in .au. From memory I began the "scammer thread" on GU forum on 19-04-2012, and while I do not recall the extact date we began using the SR plugin, I do know that GU has taken a firm pro-active stance against scammers from that time. I was in charge of running GU Trade Servers, and the main focus of my job was to make sure the entire GU machine understood and was prepared to take action with regard to scammers on our network. I always enjoyed the full support of GU leadership in this endeavor and can attest to the professionalism and focus of GU in general.

I no longer run trade, but am still an active GU Admin along with my other duties on other servers. Without doubt GU meets or exceeds all the criteria I look for in reputable TF2 communities.
  10. Dr.Fallen

Dr.Fallen New User

Steam:
    Thanks. :)
  11. noahwilson

noahwilson New User

Nice thread, thanks guys for sharing your feedback on this topic.
  12. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Sorry for the delay. We're currently considering your application
  13. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    Would like to point out that the application still hasn't been updated and is still lacking information.

I see that you have failed to make any response at all in fields #6,#7,#9, and #11. That means almost half of your application is incomplete.

Not bashing on GU.au at all. It just seems to me that a well established community can at least make an effort complete the form for affiliation. After all you have had over a month not to do so :\
    Just makes me wonder about things when I see something like this.
  14. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    I agree totally, as I mentioned I was dumbstruck when the app went up half-arsed. I have mentioned that it needs to be updated to owners of GU + L2 Seniors + Fallen, no idea why it hasn't been fixed up yet.
  15. Penguin The Fluffy

Steam:
    My thing is I can never give my support to a community of any size ,regardless of how well established they are, if they can not even make a full hearted effort. To me it is a foreshadowing of things to come when a community can not do simple things. Not saying they do not run their community well, but they might not play well with others when it comes to doing things the way they would need them.

I do hope they try as they look like a great community. The lack of effort just disappoints me I guess.
  16. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    This is 100% my fault, Penguin. Please do not blame the community for this. I told Dr. Fallen to get it up ASAP and I would edit it to reflect the additional information, which I clearly have not done. I am editing it now to reflect this and I sincerely apologize to Gamers UN for my lack of attention. It is entirely, 100% my fault and in no way, shape, or form should reflect negatively against the community.

Once again I sincerely apologize to Gamers United.
  17. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    Don't worry Helen, I blame Chaos :)

Well I have just read the newly added info, and I find it to be accurate.

I joined GU quite some time ago now, and was in charge of Trade as TL (until I resigned from that position). I was instrumental in getting SR installed on GU Servers, and Moe along with all Senior Staff very excited about the protection it afforded our users (many of whom are quite young). In other words I found complete support for SR Plugin, also at over a year ago GU began a thread in Admin area exclusively dealing with scammer issues and reports.

I am part of GU, but I am trying to be impartial when I say that GU is well run and Admins are carefully chosen and vetted. The structure of GU is designed to be inclusive and every Admin is able to express opinions which makes for a well run ship in my view. Only recently GU rules were slightly updated with input from everyone and in my mind demonstrates the organisation is well run given how smoothly it all went.

I am certain that GU would benefit substantially from affiliation with SR, currently there are few people at GU with much experience in dealing with scammers and working closely with SR would encourage more skills generally in this area. There are a great number of highly talented people at GU and I would love to see more of them with hands on experience at nabbing scammers.

The one thing that would need to be done as soon as possible is making scam reporting and appeals public. Currently "game server" bans and appeals are all conducted in private which is perfectly normal and fine, but I believe GU will need to create public threads for dealing with scam reports and appeals since SR advocates transparency in such matters.

Many people outside Australia, particularly in the US have not heard about GU, this is changing however. GU is quite an old organisation now, easily the biggest network in Australia and besides the US it has a fairly large footprint elsewhere around the world.

As I have said before, I have no hesitation at all in supporting this application, and even If I was not part of GU, that would be my view.
  18. Penguin The Fluffy

Steam:
    End of the day Helen, it is their app. It is their responsibility. Not yours. After the time frame that passed I would assume one of them would have noticed and filled it out themselves and not waited and have you do it. :\ But hey maybe it is just me to assume they should be responsible themselves for something that has their name on it. I know MCT takes that kind of responsibility if our name is attached to something.
  19. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    On the contrary, if Helen promised to take over and finish filling the application I think it shows restraint, patience and control. Last thing Helen or any other admin here needs is someone nagging them about an update to their application. They very well understand the strain on the admins here and have been calm, patient and collected. I have no affiliation with them but I ask you look at the other side of the coin on this Penguin.

I can say that I have hopped on GUs servers in the past. They are very tight community and work as a whole (admins or not) to keep scammers out of their trade servers. I think they are a good fit for Steamrep. Hope that helps with outside experience. Only wish I could give more details as to when and where I saw this but it was months ago and yet I still remember the incidents occurred and set me back as to how much they look out for each other. I actually remembered the community name because of this incident.
    Dr.Fallen likes this.
  20. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I don't think its any other groups place or any other persons place to really comment on another groups application anyway. Makes me sick to just skim thru these forums anymore from the amount of people that post in every single thread to build their post counts, bored or post just to nit pick something of another groups application. IMO these applications should only be followed up by whomever those certain SR admins are that tend to them and that is it, no others, period.

There are a bunch of things other groups that are affiliated with SR already that I don't like but you don't see me sitting here bitching about it in the open - I'll just tell Helen or whomever I find first online on steam and move on with life and go back to my beer drinkin.

Ohh and good luck with the app GU...
    Dr.Fallen likes this.