1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

General SteamRep criticism

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Ultimate PC Master, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Ultimate PC Master

Ultimate PC Master Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102366946
  2. Ultimate PC Master

Steam:
    my posts has been archived once more and this might be too i might be even banned on the forums LOL, anyways also how do you make a site great again, it was once a glorious site which was really helpful, now it just sucks.

but anyway I think a new policy should be implemented. What's your stand about this?

beware; I am a scammer, I might add your steam profile and scam you ;)
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You can criticize us, it's not against any rules. You were just told not to do is discuss your specific case in general discussion. We don't allow discussion of specific cases here, because it would be flooded with people using it to leverage favorable outcomes if we did, and actual discussion would be impossible.

You're not allowed to hijack other people's threads for it though, so I split your reply off into its own thread.
  4. Ultimate PC Master

Steam:
    you call that criticism? as far as I read and investigated throughout your site the ones that got their appeals accepted are the ones affected by the Policy Change, the thread wasn't even for the users. but for the one who cares about the most the so called "admins". I sent the message regarding it, you might ignore it,archive it and even delete it. But moving my reply to a different thread proved that my message was heard. Criticism? that made me chuckle. That wasn't criticism, it was mere fact that even old users didn't find resolve in dealing with your site and just moved on. I tried thinking of that and making a new Steam account, but nah this site will immediately ban that one as well, after all I am just a Scammer right?
  5. Ultimate PC Master

Steam:
    Yo I just stated this out 'cause I got reminded when I hopped into a TF2 Server and pfft "Banned" anyways, I now concluded why they took this judgement.

Are you an Alternate Account? Do you wish to appeal for a crime you didn't commit and get denied?

We got you covered, here in SteamRep we can solve those questions for you! *ding ding* That's riiiight! You are a scammer! according to our records, you didn't scam but we don't care because you are lying! Way to go Scammer!

anyways the community is just bored and randomly roll the dice of Steam ID's *rolls* ding ding! YOU ARE AN ALT ACCOUNT! YOU WON A LIFETIME STEAMREP BAN! COME DOWN TO OUR SITE AND APPEAL TO GET DENIED!

Children listen, if you get banned for being an alt don't waste your time appealing, because you are just a liar and ofcourse you are a scammer so we're just gonna close the thread so you can't reply to it, because we don't even bother because our judgement are 101% right!

Good work on rolling the Steam ID's Dave, how many accounts have you banned today?

Stay tuned for more SteamRep Announcements!

P.S I am a scammer :)
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I've merged that thread to this one since its nothing more than a continuation of whatever you are doing here.
    Keep any critical comments here to this thread so long as they are not directly/indirectly pertaining to your tag, a report or appeal you've made per General Forum FAQ.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/
  7. Ultimate PC Master

Steam:
  8. Ultimate PC Master

Steam:
    Yo, I aint trolling just stating facts because basing on the appeal thread it, based on MY observations 95% of all appeals are all denied
  9. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    This is your final warning. If you hijack someone else's thread or bring up your own case again, you will be banned from our forums.

As to the statistics of appeals, citing the percentage of granted/denied appeals is misleading. Each case is different, and multiple factors come into play with the admin's decision. We aren't following any kind of grant/deny metric, and there is no probability at play. If we made a mistake, then you should appeal and point it out; such tags are generally removed pretty quickly, sometimes after a day or so if not right away.

Edit: Moved above post from here: https://forums.steamrep.com/posts/514287
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  10. Ultimate PC Master

Steam:
    If we made a mistake, then you should appeal and point it out; such tags are generally removed pretty quickly, sometimes after a day or so if not right away.

I did, I got called a liar :( and I don't see any rules stating that I am not allowed to post on what I thought and saw?
  11. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    If, and only if, you have reason to believe the admin mishandled your case, you can submit an appeal review. Per our FAQ, you are allowed to have your appeal reviewed by another admin to decide if you deserve a second appeal, but only in the event of extenuating circumstances. To do this, you must choose one of these reasons, and explain:
    1. New evidence not produced in your original appeal.
    2. Unfair appeal. Note: A different appeal admin will review your original appeal and decide if their is enough to grant you a new appeal.
    3. Other extenuating circumstance at admins discretion.
    Example of new evidence: Reporter was later banned for submitting fake reports/screenshots to maliciously harm people's reputation, supporting your claim to innocence.
    Example of unfair appeal: Appeals admin had a conflict of interest, or mishandled your case (e.g. rejected by same admin who accepted report).

Appeal reviews are not second appeals, but a petition to request a second appeal under extenuating circumstances. The burden of proof for these circumstances rests entirely on you, and you only get one chance to explain yourself. By design, very few appeal reviews have ever been granted, because they're not intended to contest the admin's decision, but for last-resort accountability in the event an admin didn't follow our policy (which shouldn't ever happen). Disagreeing with the admin's decision, wanting a second chance, thinking the permanency of tags is too harsh, or having a change of heart "for realzies this time" are not extenuating circumstances, even if they're true, and any attempt to argue them will result in your review being discarded and no further appeal reviews allowed from you ever again.

If you still think extenuating circumstances apply to your case, see our appeal tips for instructions to request an appeal review. Read those tips over completely, and you will find instructions to petition for another appeal.
    Roudydogg1 and Sniper Pro like this.
  12. Ultimate PC Master

Steam:
    I'd rather save it if your policy changes, admins are a bit hot headed and calling my posts "trolling" and "hijacking" so if I am given one chance to somewhat re appeal due to unjust call, I'd better make it count. There is a possibility, 100% that it will get denied for "lying" so I'm taking my chances to wait for policy changes.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." Albert Einstein.
  13. Ultimate PC Master

Steam:
  14. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    That's nice, but please don't go around bumping others threads for the sake of your own vendetta. That will get you a quick block from future use of our site here.
    Please keep things civil and on topic. Thanks!
  15. Ultimate PC Master

Steam:
    ?

nawwwe JUSTICCCEEEEE! and also i missed you horse, there are alot of admins i havent seen before most of em are dicks, but good to be back!
  16. Ultimate PC Master

Steam:
    corona made me go back here sigh, hope y'all keeping it safe btw i have some serious questions and suggestions HMMMMMMMMMM
  17. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    If, and only if, you have reason to believe the admin mishandled your case, you can submit an appeal review. Per our FAQ, you are allowed to have your appeal reviewed by another admin to decide if you deserve a second appeal, but only in the event of extenuating circumstances. To do this, you must choose one of these reasons, and explain:
    1. New evidence not produced in your original appeal.
    2. Unfair appeal. Note: A different appeal admin will review your original appeal and decide if their is enough to grant you a new appeal.
    3. Other extenuating circumstance at admins discretion.
    Example of new evidence: Reporter was later banned for submitting fake reports/screenshots to maliciously harm people's reputation, supporting your claim to innocence.
    Example of unfair appeal: Appeals admin had a conflict of interest, or mishandled your case (e.g. rejected by same admin who accepted report).

Appeal reviews are not second appeals, but a petition to request a second appeal under extenuating circumstances. The burden of proof for these circumstances rests entirely on you, and you only get one chance to explain yourself. By design, very few appeal reviews have ever been granted, because they're not intended to contest the admin's decision, but for last-resort accountability in the event an admin didn't follow our policy (which shouldn't ever happen). Disagreeing with the admin's decision, wanting a second chance, thinking the permanency of tags is too harsh, or having a change of heart "for realzies this time" are not extenuating circumstances, even if they're true, and any attempt to argue them will result in your review being discarded and no further appeal reviews allowed from you ever again.

If you still think extenuating circumstances apply to your case, see our appeal tips for instructions to request an appeal review. Read those tips over completely, and you will find instructions to petition for another appeal.
  18. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    As an added note, I suggest you read everything about appeal reviews over closely. Disagreeing with the outcome, arguing against SteamRep's policies and procedures, or trying to plead your original case in an appeal review will have it denied automatically, and you won't ever get another chance. You need to make a compelling argument for why your case was not properly handled, or circumstances have changed since your appeal was denied.
  19. Ultimate PC Master

Steam:
    a mishandled case will always be mishandled, also I have no proof aside from me being a liar, my best hope is a policy change which will happen in like 2-5 years and 10 years max from now, so let's just take all our time and enjoy each others' company! so good to be back !