1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Getting stiffed?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by tugger, Oct 21, 2017.

1. tugger

tugger New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:21696225
    If I offer a service like making art for TF2 keys, and somebody ends up never paying me and I have proof, is that reportable?
    I've been waiting on a guy to pay me since this summer and he's since unadded me and made their profile private.
  2. Xxmarijnw

Xxmarijnw New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:109824459
    No it's not. Please read SteamRep's investigative policy here.

"Reports we DO NOT investigate:
    Proprietary maps, scripts, artwork, video design, copyright, & other server administration disputes."
  3. tugger

tugger New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:21696225
    Ahh. The guy's a trader and was likely aware of that, kind of sucks.

I had been recommending fellow artists use a contract for this reason for claims like this.
    What alternative recourse would you recommend?
  4. MeFigaYoma

MeFigaYoma New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52911156
    You can leave a -trust and report them on backpack.tf, and probably outpost too. Should be enough to stop anyone else from getting scammed assuming they perform a rudimentary background check.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    ... Or just report them to Valve using the built in "Report Violation" button on their profile.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Doing that would be doing so without a valid way to confirm what was happening - why else do you think we don't accept these types of reports.
    Then I guess you would have users giving that so called -trust for whatever they felt was wrong regardless of valid proof said event happened.