1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Gift wrap Scam....

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by BlenderBird, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlenderBird

BlenderBird New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50394632
    The trade occurred Sunday 09-24-12 around 2:00 EST

The trade was between Strike (CZE) (now Lucky Guy (CZ) ) and Blenderbird.
    The trade that was agreed upon was the trading of a scorching festivizer, scorching hardcounter and a bud for what was suppose to be a H.o.u.w.a.r. It is understood now that the person in question changed the description and name tag of a "Full Head of steam" and gift wrapped this item indentifing it as a Houwar. However when the the wrap was opened the hat that was inside was a "Full Head of Steam". This trade was an obvious scam, not just an unfair trade, he falsely advertised a product. The scammer has since changed his name and has sold the hats. I am in contact with the person who had bought the hats, he agreed that something was wrong because he was able to buy the hats cheap and fast. (both hats traded for 3 buds). He has been more then helpful even providing screen shots of his trade with the scammer.

Scammers profile.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058881490/

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060082059/
    (Beware of this guy, he has created another gift wrap H.o.u.w.a.r and it is currently in his BP)

his trade to another TF2 member
    TimmyJoshimudo http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198019428639/

I am fairly new to TF2 trading and wasn't aware of this site. I know i made a poor decision but i've learned from it. Well needless to say i've lost a couple unusuals and a bud. Im hoping something can be done but im not holding my breath. I just want the community to be aware of these two scammers and hopefully we can get them removed.

thanks for viewing

Blender
  2. CanadianInvasion

CanadianInvasion Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11860924
    File reports in the report a scam section, not here.
  3. BleedinSkull

BleedinSkull New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42294126
    Report him, don't inform people, he deserves it for trying to trick new traders.
    Anyways, you should check the description.
    If you read carefully, you can see "Level 5 Pyrovision Goggles", instead of "Level 28 Hat".​
    And you will also see a tiny icon noticeable enough to not trick decent traders.​
    This is one of the most terrible attempts in scamming i saw.​

"A Carefully Wrapped Gift

[​IMG]
    Team Fortress 2
    Level 5 Gift
    This item is a wrapped gift. You can give to someone if you wrapped it, or unwrap it if you received it!

Gift from: Matvec

This is a limited use item. Uses: 1

Contains: ''Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect''
    Level 5 Pyrovision Goggles"

Attached Files:

4. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:19172005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.