1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Guy was trading with me. Signed off immediately. Wondering procedure for this

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by /vg/ thread trader, Jun 1, 2012.

1. /vg/ thread trader

/vg/ thread trader New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:7873197
    Screenshot of trade: http://i.imgur.com/LmrCz.png

I was trading tow keys for $1.40 each. He wanted to trade me via paypal. He messaged me that the payment went through. It did not go through and he signed off immediately.

I took a screenshot just in case. I have also tried to add him, but he has not accepted my friend request. Rather than ignoring this, I thought it would be best to be proactive. The conversation seemed a little iffy, especially after signing off with that as the last line and I didn't trade him the keys.

Is it just best to ignore it? Did I take the right steps as a precaution? Thanks.
  2. /vg/ thread trader

/vg/ thread trader New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:7873197
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Screen shot doesn't look like anything major to me - in fact with how steam has been lately could have just went down on him at that point and he's yet to come back, or power failure, cat knock over drink on keyboard, mom said bed time - who knows but doesn't look like anything there to suggest something in the way of an attempted scam.

Also this is the wrong section to post this.