1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Guys I need help , the gift I got from a person is not in my inventory anymore

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Fake #Knife, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Fake #Knife

Fake #Knife New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:176359547
    THe person who gifted me is now in trade ban pls help me guys he blocked me too , THE GAME GIFT WAS A GRAND THEFT AUTO 5 global with no country restrictions. WHat should I do now? pls Enlighten me :'( I have the gift reciept in my email. I DID NOT ACTIVATE THE GAME I ADDED IT TO INVENTORY.

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      154.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      212.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      71.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      220.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Fake #Knife

Fake #Knife New User

Steam:
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This isn't how you make a report... also SteamRep isn't Valve we can't help you with game gifts so you need to contact Valve about this problem to start with.
  4. Fake #Knife

Fake #Knife New User

Steam:
    First , am sorry :( was the forum wrong or the site I chose was off topic? :(
    So I contact steam support? Anychance I can get back my gift?
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    That's up to them - we (SteamRep) have no control over that - as for reporting here you would need to submit a report with evidence required to support it..namely some kinda formal agreement with the user in screenshot form.
  6. Fake #Knife

Fake #Knife New User

Steam:
    Ok I will try to gather some evidence I have left , Thanks !!
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Valve does not give back items or games in any circumstance. You have probably been victim to a "carder" that uses stolen credit cards to buy games on steam, and sells them for money, keys or w/e. Once the real owner of the credit card notices and informs the credit card company, the money will be charged back and Valve/Steam will then "undo" all sales, no matter what happened with it, traded, gifted, etc. the items/games/etc. get removed from Steam.

Next time, check out people better, a 1 week old account or w/e the carder account was is not safe to trade with.
  8. BadLuckBootsy

BadLuckBootsy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:175805065
    He took it back I think, new to commenting but I like dis.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    the item? nope, the money? was never his, he used a stolen creditcard or maybe even paypal info, and used it on a new account to buy stuff. Sold that to another paypal or payment system to launder the money and when the real owner finds out, it gets charged back by the credit card company.

Then as Valve finds that money is charged back, the account gets LOCKED and all trades are UNDONE by Valve.

And that right there is the risk of trading.
  10. AlexWolfybutt

AlexWolfybutt New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:185795087
    The Gift was carded.

Silent: When disputes are made on a Steam Account the following happens:
    • An alert is applied to the account.
    • The user is informed they cannot participate in VAC Secure games, Trading, or Product activation.
    The user has around 9 months to have the funds released to Valve and no trades are undone. You need to refresh yourself on the policies, giving users incorrect information is generally not acceptable.
  11. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Gotta love when someone tries to hide their identity behind an alt
    Enstage likes this.
  12. AlexWolfybutt

AlexWolfybutt New User

Steam:
    Off topic, why do you feel need to comment on the status of my account on someone else's thread?
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I was talking about the items/games they buy with stolen credit card information. They REALLY will NOT leave "ownership" of a game on a account, for that means they will have to PAY to the owners of that game an amount. Not going to happen. Any game bought by such WILL be REMOVED, even if gifted forward 200+ times. Yeah, items still in the inventory of the carder account will be "locked away". But in essense the games and any items involved with it on the carder steam acc

There might be a period in which people can resolve it. But in the case of carders that will never happen. I'm aware of that people with Paypal issues making steam support tickets for they got charged back, and the "pay it forward" policy of Paypal pulling the money from previous payments and even in combination of locking their paypal etc. can be a mayor pain for their users. I know that Valve is aware of such and is a bit more understanding for such.

You can read more here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6687-HJVM-8966

But that is the "nice" explanation. "Account restricted" = Locked. They can't play too nice, for then people wouldn't solve their problems with chargebacks.

Don't you think Valve will put up some policies to recover their losses? don't you think Valve has to keep the chargebacks (in numbers) below a certain % or lose access to these payment systems? Think about the MONEY behind it, and then you start understanding why certain processes are there. Every time Valve sells a game, they have to PAY the makers/distributors/w/e a certain amount. This is DIRECTLY tied to the number of accounts that have that game attached. If money on attached games is charge backed, Valve will remove that attachment to prevent that they will have to pay to the receivers of the money. For there is a high chance that they will never see that money again if they don't.

But meh, nice throwaway account. No idea why tho. We go thru great lengths NOT banning accounts here on SR for being having any opinion. Any (SR/trade related) open discussion is welcome here.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  14. AlexWolfybutt

AlexWolfybutt New User

Steam:
    I'm not going to really accept words from a dolt who misread plainly spelled out english. They only remove games, trades are never reversed as mentioned in the help docs. And you are still wrong the period exists for all. When any form of chargeback is displayed the account goes thru the same process. My source? The help documents and observing a user who stole their mom's credit card to buy games. After the 9 months in any situation given the user's account will go in a suspended state. If repeat activity shows of odd behavior they are flagged with a Fraud flag which displays a different alert, but for disputes there is not an oh this user used a stolen card cause Valve can't exactly differentiate it at all, they can only go by data on their end meaning all they see is reversed charges in which they apply the flag for.

As a SteamREP admin you should really check yourself cause this is another example of you showing you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. As for the dump account comment, that is irrelevant and doesn't affect my statements in any way.
  15. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    I think you'd get a lot further if you weren't such an ass.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  16. AlexWolfybutt

AlexWolfybutt New User

Steam:
    My expectations of an Admin is to know what they are talking about. If you don't like sheer bluntness that is absolutely not my problem. People need to have their facts straight and not give the community the wrong information.
  17. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Please refrain from insulting people further on this forum.

Same goes to you.

There is nothing wrong with discussion, but please do so in a way that does not include throwing insults.
  18. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:89145434
    @AlexWolfybutt This is the second Administrator you're offending on the SteamRep forums. I don't see why. They're trying to help out others, devoting a lot of time and effort in SteamRep. You should respect them for what they do and offer. If you have a personal issue with any of the Administrators, I'm sure you can discuss that by using PM on the forums. No need to call them out on threads like that.