1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Improper Format hacked

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by umpa :), Feb 5, 2013.

1. umpa :)

umpa :) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46353627
  2. umpa :)

Steam:
    i dint know how this couldve happened. i never give my password out to anyone but of he does have my password then he has my password to everything.
  3. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1874586
    Hi there,

I think the best thing to do at this moment is to send a ticket to SteamSupport.
    Explain what happened, include the dates etc. (I don't think SR can do allot atm because there is no clear sign of a scam.)
    Also, be sure to check your inventory history to see where all your items went to, and include that in your SteamSupport ticket.
    You can make one here:
    https://support.steampowered.com/

Good luck!
  4. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41806566
    Alright there, calm down.
    First, who exactly hacked you? Go into your trade history, and see where all of your items got carted off to. You can do this by going into your profile, then your inventory. At the top right, there should be a button that says "Inventory History". Go ahead and look for the trade where all of you items got carted off to. The trade history should have the hacker's name on it. Go to it, get his information from his SteamRep page and post it here. You'll also need to take a screenshot of the trade history itself. Make sure you censor personal information such as your account names (not the profile name, the account name).

Second, I presume you still have control of all of your account, since it looks like you can still get into them. First off, change your passwords... all of them. This guide can cover the topic if you don't understand it. I know it's a consideration for email, but really it applies to everything on the internet that needs a password: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-e-mail-security-considerations.17308/
    After that, you'll need to run anti-virus and anti-malware programs to clean your computer up. You'd have to be pretty tech savvy to actually be able to hack into an account (in which case, I would imagine it'd be almost impossible to be protected against). Did you click on any suspicious links lately? Typically, these sites would be disguised as a source of free games or gossip. Here's good guide on preventing hijacking and phishing: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/guide-to-prevent-hijacking.5437/

Lastly, contact Steam Support. Submit a support ticket and tell them what happened. If this was the first time you've lost your items, I believe they will restore what you lost. Please be careful in the future though. If it happens again, they will not restore your items again.

If you need any more help, contact a SteamRep admin!
  5. umpa :)

Steam:
    ok i've changed all my passwords. there was some trade history which wasnt me but then it just stopped and my items went no where. which is wierd because the untradeable items in my backpack are still there so he must have traded them?
  6. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    Can you post that portion of the trade history here, as well as the profile and steam information of the person who took your items from you? Same format as your Steam info.
    If you need any other help, add me. It'd be easier to talk in real time.
  7. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
  8. umpa :)

Steam: