1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

have to ask something about scamming

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by tchcaphr, May 16, 2012.

1. tchcaphr

tchcaphr New User

hello steamrep admins\people here in the forum.few weeks ago i asked diego,what a scammer can do to untag\getting back to trades.he said you are working on something there.hope it will come soon.
    now, i know that some of the people out there wont use it for good things,but some might do.
    i know that posting a message in the forums wont help,because i have too many tags.my main problem,isnt with the tag,not this,i know what i did and that i should have a tag.my problem is that you dont give a sconed chance. i tried with 2 accounts get in back to trade market,and you give tags not because of scamming.how could i do something? i didnt done tourible things at all. i want to be fair trader,but i cant,because of your rules.....
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I had a very hard time reading this but let me say that once a scammer always a scammer. There is an appeal process (that I support) for which people go thru and from just browsing I've maybe only seen 10% get tags removed while the other 90% have clear evidence against them to keep it on. The alts you have as do others are tagged because YOU are the scammer and YOU have access to the accounts - this is the same as people killing people not guns killing people.
  3. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    I'd hope they don't undo any of the tags if there was clear undeniable evidence that you scammed someone. I mean even if you look at the recidivism rate for people out of prison (which is a much harsher punishment), its still in the 70% range. I imagine that an even greater amount scammers would rescam if given the chance. I am also of the belief that the first time (doing something wrong) is always the hardest.

They let one person off and they rescam someone that otherwise wouldn't have lost their stuff and the hate mail would never stop.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    There was a rehabilitation program being privately discussed, but the subject was pretty volatile and got a bunch of admins on the fences. The current resulting layout is almost impossible for a scammer with the requirements etc. Also, the amount of time of the admin to put into it to get it to work would be so excessive that we now are rethinking the whole. Currently there is no development in that area.
    There is no point in mentioning any specifics, as it was just a exploration into that, never been a finished project we could execute.