1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Help! Traded with a Scammer

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Nutzo, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Nutzo

Nutzo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45721769
    Hello, I was trading my treasure keys for a leviathan whale blade, I've put trades up @ d2l and this guy adds me. He agrees to the deal, which is average on steam community market price; when we opened the trade window I notice that he had a red "trade probation" status.

I quickly looked it up, and what I found was that those people were being observed because they did something bad in the past. However it said that trade was permitted, so we exchanged items (4 treasure keys, 2 rares, an uncommon and a common for the blade).

Being my first time dealing with this situation, I started worrying a bit too much and came here to look him up. This is him, http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198059463134 he's marked as "D2T scammer" and according to previous posts in this forum I can get trade banned!

What can I do? Do I get rid of the item, as in delete it permanently? I don't want to be worrying about something happening to my account...

Thanks for the time.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    1. you wont get trade banned, that would be a bit extreme.
    2. Just look up the ppl you want to trade with on SR to prevent such.
    3. If you meant by "trade banned" if we would mark you, then no. I'm not exactly aware of the worth traded there, for I'm not familiar with D2. The first time ppl just get a "warning".

SR only looks at trades that are:
    - Above Bills hat's value (currently ~ 6 keys)
    - Any unusual
    - Any cash (paypal/webmoney etc) vs steam items trade.

Reasons we advocate not to trade with scammers are:
    - Scammers try to sell their stolen goods, for otherwise Steam support will delete them from their BP, that may happen to your traded for items if you trade with them.
    - By trading with scammers, you support them by making it easier for them to move to a cashout, and them getting money out of it.
    Mattie! likes this.