1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator Hitman Sparky's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Hitman Sparky, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
    1) Applicant Name and Info: (copy and paste the usual several lines of IDs from SR profile)
    Hitman Sparky
    | steamname: Hitman Sparky | KritzKast.com
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:13772726
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987811181
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hitmansparky
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197987811181
    2) How old are you, what city and area do you live in?
    I am 31 years of age and currently live in Reno, Nevada. (I've been all over the west coast throughout my life)
    3) Please tell us a bit about yourself (job, school, hobbies, other)?
    I'm a pretty laid back guy who loves to help people. I currently am an IT Manager for a rather large computer company (Company name withheld due to personal reasons)
    4) Why do you want to be an SR mod?
    I have a very strong desire to help people, wether they are new or seasoned traders. I've also seen many scammers scam items from new players and old. Since then, I've always wanted to be part of a team that essentially "catches the bad guy" and help the new players learn the ways of proper trading.
    5) How much time can you donate to SR per week?
    The time varies. Mondays-Wednesdays, I can donate 3-4 hours. Thursdays and Fridays is when I usually stay at work doing overtime. So possibly 2-2.5 hours then. Weekend? No problem. Most, if not all day I can spend my time. Like I said, it varies from time to time.
    6) Do you have any prior admin experience, or similar, and please elaborate?
    Yes, I have much administrative experience throughout the years. Notebly, KritzKast. A TF2 podcast which airs every Sunday. I've been head-admin of the US division from July 2012 to March 2013. I stepped off the plate to a L2 admin after I resigned from Head-Admin.
    7) What do you foresee as challenges as an SR mod?
    One challenge I foresee is the number of reports which are created on a daily basis. I will handle as many as possible to get the job done.
    8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce per SR rules and guidelines?
    Yes, I accept this fact.
    9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying appeals or accepting reports?
    No, I don't think I'll have any problems denying appeals/accepting reports.
    10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?
    Yes, I most certainly do handle instructions/directions well.
    11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?
    I don't really have any "personal shortcomings" at the moment. When they arise, I'll quickly improve!
    12) What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to SR?
    I will contribute whatever I already know and apply it to SteamRep moderation.
    13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)
    Yes, eventually. When the time is right, I'd like to do Community Relations.
    14) Please list all alternate Steam Accounts by their ID64.
    Hitman Sparky's Laptop account (For when I'm on the go or not at home)
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:14013453
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988292634
    15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?
    Yes, I agree to the Code of Conduct and will certainly abide to it.
    16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?
    Yes, I have read the Duties of an SR Moderator and adhere to the rules.
    17) Do you have any questions?
    No, I do not have any questions. If I do have any, however, I will ask the other staff.
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    I do not know you, hopefully that will change, you can add me if you like, but I like what I read.

God knows if you have even the vaguest idea of what you are asking, SR Mod is a thankless task that takes up lots of time.

In any case, based entirely on what little I have learnt about you from a bit of scant research, I urge SR to take your application seriously and I support this application.

EDIT: Update, I have spent the last hour and a half speaking to Hitman, and I can say I am very happy to support his application indeed, nice guy, been around and I think would fit in with SR nicely.
  3. |SliGz|James Clydesdale

|SliGz|James Clydesdale New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50577250
    I hope you get it buddy :D
  4. Regen

Regen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23013129
    Gogo sparky!
  5. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Evidently, somebody forgot to post that your application was under review.
  6. McCreW

McCreW New User

Good Luck Sparky hope you get it!
  7. Sargent¥

Sargent¥ Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53002757
    This guy is a real help to the MCT Community, I'm saying this as a community member, if not him, then I don't know who
  8. trent4421

trent4421 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64497062
    This guy is good why isn't he a Mod yet?
    Knurr likes this.
  9. Knurr

Knurr New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42544272
    Go buddy! You have made and You would make a lot of good work on this site.
  10. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    #Hitman4SteamRep2013
  11. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30535511
    If its still open, i have been monitoring Sparky for a while and would consider him a valuable asset to the SR team.

Consider yourself vouched by me.
    Sjru likes this.
  12. CanadianInvasion

CanadianInvasion Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11860924
    Thank you for waiting. Unfortunately, at the current time, the SteamRep staff has decided to decline your application for the time being.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.