1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Hmm, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by AQNexus, Mar 29, 2012.

1. AQNexus

AQNexus Banned

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43878606
    I was once a scammer, I have tried at the appeals, and nothing. If I make a new account it becomes pointless as it will get marked when I join a decent server. So I ask, why can't one make a new account and just og on trading legit? I know they could make a new account to scam but what if the person really wants to start anew? Like myself, I wanted to start over, but I cannot. I make a new account, nothing marked, trades lost. I know I have scammed, and I know it was wrong, I have returned the items back, yet I still get marked when new accounts are made. I do believe that Steam Rep should make a new tag like "Alt of Scammer" but not make the account a full on scammer, that way a person can be wary but not completely loose out, follow me?

Anyway I am tired of being a scammer, and I have lost MULTIPLE trades, wish they would just let me make a new account and live fresh... but nope, that can't happen...

Opinions?
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Wouldn't server any purpose - YOU are the scammer, YOU are still using that account or this account or another account etc etc etc.

Bottom line is - YOU ARE THE SCAMMER

IMO those that appealed and were turned down should no longer be able to post here.
  3. AQNexus

AQNexus Banned

Steam:
    So you don't think if someone was having a ruff time, so they scam, that means they are always a scammer? In short, you don't believe in second chances? I would love to make another account and be free from this, I am done scamming, have been 3 weeks strong! So you are to say that I am going to continue to scam when I am done?
  4. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    As the person who tracked down and marked all your accounts, I have to say that you don't deserve a second chance.
    There are some people who have a better chance than others at redemption, but you certainly won't fall under that category anytime this millennium.
    Let's go through your offenses shall we?

-Helped scam a p. energy pith helm by acting as a fake middleman
    -Scammed a bills off of that guy from AF2
    -Lied to Pink Taco and myself by providing photoshoped pictures of your trade history
    -Became an active scammer in Team Deviate/Vedetia
    -
    Once again lied to JJJJ, Jailbait and me when confronted about your alts.
    -Lied to me when I discovered your alt
    -Scammed a fast learner and essential accessories while in the Vedetia TeamSpeak channel.
    -And many more "suspicious" strange festives in your inventory.

After all of this, you really think you deserve a second chance?
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    A WHOLE 3 WEEKS!? I would say this thread may, MAY have been a legit effort after 3 MONTHS but not 3 weeks - to be honest I really wouldn't bring this up again for a year based on what I've read of you're scamming history.
  6. Neko

Neko New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37711236
    Done is Done.
  7. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    I lol'd

3 weeks clean is a joke.
  8. AQNexus

AQNexus Banned

Steam:
    lol, you guys are funny. I am not braggin about the 3 weeks clean, simply saying. It is a start.

And the scamming history yes, alot of that is true but some is fake aswell.

-Helped scam a p. energy pith helm by acting as a fake middleman - I was the scammer not the middleman
    -Scammed a bills off of that guy from AF2 - Gave it back
    -Lied to Pink Taco and myself by providing photoshoped pictures of your trade history - True, not pink taco Penguin
    -Became an active scammer in Team Deviate/Vedetia - 1 scam.
    -
    Once again lied to JJJJ, Jailbait and me when confronted about your alts. - True
    -Lied to me when I discovered your alt - True
    -Scammed a fast learner and essential accessories while in the Vedetia TeamSpeak channel. - Only a Fast Learner
    -And many more "suspicious" strange festives in your inventory. - All earned via non-scammed items.
  9. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    and you STILL think you should be unbanned and unmarked for scamming? not happening.
  10. AQNexus

AQNexus Banned

Steam:
    Thing is, I have given all items I could back, and I havn't since scammed.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    again..3 weeks is nothing. Return after 6 months and revisit the situation if even that early.
  12. AQNexus

AQNexus Banned

Steam:
    Understandable, however look at is as if I wasn't a scammer.

Do you think it is right to mark a scammer's alt if he just wants to start anew.

Maybe like a probation, where a person is monoried by steamrep after their "sentacing"
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    yes I think its right, see YOU are being tagged a scammer - the alt is just a puppet with you pulling the strings.
  14. AQNexus

AQNexus Banned

Steam:
    Being that as it may, I am done scamming and would liek to start a new. But that just can't happen.
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    as I said I don't believe you have any choice but to wait out the punishment so 6months is a good starting point.
  16. AQNexus

AQNexus Banned

Steam:
    Melarchy as I have given the items that I can/could give back.
  17. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Look, as a scammer you destroyed any chance of coming back to the community for a LONG time. Doesn't matter if it's for a refined or a Burning TC. You scammed people. The entire honest community hates scammers, do you think they want you back after the things you've done?

You'll be lucky to ever be allowed back, let alone in 6 months.