1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How do I become a middleman or positive alignment with SteamRep

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Mikasa Code Seller, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Mikasa Code Seller

Mikasa Code Seller New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:85445113
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/MikasaCodeSeller/

My steam link above, I have a great +rep reputation on my steam profile and also on eBay i have a 100% positive rating with over 140 stars and the majority of those stars are from selling steam codes.

I actively have taken measures to prevent fraudulent transactions by hackers using others paypal accounts/eBay accounts. I ensure that codes bought from me are 100% working to the buyer by using Teamviewer to remote to their PC and manually enter the code, if the code isn't working my policy is to provide a new code or refund their money. If need be I will refund buyers and take the loss.

What steps do i need to take to become a middleman or have a positive reputation on this website?
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Which means absolutely nothing, at all, in any way, you realize.
  4. Mikasa Code Seller

Steam:
    Sorry no I dont realize that or else I wouldn't have said what I have said, right? I am new here and seeking guidance... not your efforts to minimize my qualifications and accomplishments.

Thank you Horse (SteamRep Admin)
    Sniper Pro likes this.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    no prob - just read that..should cover your question well enough.

On another note - certainly don't recommend anyone letting you take remote access to their machine.
    That is a nono ... I know the reasoning for it but entirely something that nobody should allow you to do regardless.
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Please see this: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/what-constitutes-reputation.12391/

Ebay reviews are not relevant to Steam trading because it's a different platform.

We recommend against trading any sort of codes or CD keys, as well as against installing software at the instruction of another trader or "middleman".

As a middleman, if you're dealing with someone else's codes, the first time either party ends up being a scammer you're going to find yourself in a sticky mess you don't want to be in.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Mikasa Code Seller

Steam:
    I have read the what constitutes as steam rep and i have hundred of transactions involving paypal where I receive money for the codes that I sell and fulfill the buyers order. There have been many transactions +$200 and several transactions +$400 without the use of eBay, with the use of eBay I have codes that I have sold worth +$800.
    However I do not have the buyer provide the dollar amount of the transaction when I ask them to leave steam rep on my profile. But according to the guidelines in that forum thread, steam is not considered a credible source. I am unfamiliar with SOP or UTC and why those are considered credible, can you enlighten me please?

I don't really need the middleman rep here, it just seemed like the reputation status a trader would get so i asked about that one. I would just like to have a positive reputation here instead of a neutral.
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Your existing "reputation" here, in the form of eBay feedback, would be limited in scope to your eBay account. There's no way to definitively tie that to your Steam account, nor to prove you aren't manipulating fake reviews on eBay, nor that anything you're saying here is true. If you're happy doing eBay trades, then you can stick with that, and use your eBay reviews as an indication of your legitimacy. There's also no way to definitively tie any given eBay account to a single Steam account, but you can confirm who you are through eBay messaging for each customer.

Reputation on reputable 3rd-party websites, which can be vetted and verified, in a place which you yourself cannot control what users post, would be a useful form of reputation. If you scammed someone, they could freely provide that feedback about you, both positive and negative. It would work similar in principle to eBay feedback, except on a different website that's not only reputable, but also dedicated to a different type of "feedback" outside of eBay.

UTC no longer exists. SOP, or SourceOp, can be found here. There are a couple other affiliated websites using a similar reputation thread structure including FoG, SMT, Bazaar.tf, r/SteamGameSwap flair, and Backpack.tf. Each has its rules and nuances, and it's up to both sides (including your buyer) to decide and mutually agree which, if any, of these sources to trust were not manipulated. Backpack.tf is pretty standard among most of TF2, SourceOP is a really old one which is valuable among higher-tier PayPal-for-item trading and very strict, and r/SteamGameSwap is relevant for some CD code trading but only within that subreddit. I don't know much about the others, so you'd have to ask about specifics in those communities. When both sides mutually understand how to validate and use reputation in a given community, it becomes very useful and effective for filtering out scammers and determining who is or isn't trustworthy in trades that require trust.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: SteamRep Friend Members, SteamRep Partner Members).**
    That's not how it works. There is no special "trusted trader" status because there's no way we could safely vouch for someone solely based on their number of (claimed) trades and guarantee they won't end up scamming. We have "trusted" roles for certain admins in partner communities and for active volunteer middlemen. And those tags are provided by our partner communities, who we give access to our database for tags pertaining to their own community; we at SteamRep don't vouch for anyone.

Furthermore, once again we do not condone selling or trading product codes. They aren't designed to be traded or resold, and there's no way of tracking them or proving who is telling the truth or lying in the event of a dispute. If someone claims a code isn't valid, it's your word against theirs. And encouraging your customers to install software could very well lead to them getting malware, as scammers have been known to use fake teamviewer installers to hijack Steam accounts or other credentials, so we don't recommend that either.
  9. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Using Teamviewer so you can get remote access to their PC and manually enter the code is a big no no. You wanting to do this as you said here and you clearly stated the same exact thing on your Steam profile is already a big red flag to any buyers or traders out there.

As a middleman I strictly stay away from any code trades, you just can't verify that the code is 100% valid and legitimate when you do these sort of trades with a random person on Steam.
  10. Mikasa Code Seller

Steam:
    Thank you both of you for your concern and taking your time to reply to my messages and inquiries. It has helped tremendously in many areas, thank you.
    Salmon likes this.