1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How do I know if an user is a scammer if he doens't have any rep/ban on steam.rep?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Myersino, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Myersino

Myersino New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:88165785
    Hey guys. There's a level 700 on Steam that wants to trade with me but I'm a little bit suspicious (even if he's level 700). He doesn't have any rep/ban on steamrep. Can I show you his profile so maybe if you know him you could tell him if I can trust him? The item he wants is worth 150€ so I'd like to be 100% sure to not be scammed. Thanks in advance!
  2. Myersino

Myersino New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:88165785
    if you know him you could tell me*
  3. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    First and foremost, I would recommend reviewing this guide, specifically made for your question: https://forums.steamrep.com/pages/obviousalts/

Lack of a negative reputation in itself doesn't make someone trustworthy or credible. You need to look for other warning signs.
  5. Zoofie_

Zoofie_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:428249578
    Never consider level as a trust factor, scammers level up their profiles to scam people and at times they make way more than they invest into the leveling. If a deal sounds to good to be true or the person rushes you, it's not a good idea to deal with them. Also even if you showed us the profile, you can never be 100% certain who is behind the account you may deal with.