1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How do I report someone?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Nevo, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Nevo

Nevo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27990915
    Well, It appears I got scammed by a levelup bot that promised 1:25 so that I would level up from 52 to level 70 with 5 keys, yet, I only level up to 61, and he does not have a ban mark >.>
  2. Nevo

Nevo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27990915
    Nvm, found it.
  3. GoProJuns

GoProJuns New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:195993160
    Yeah :( sorry man.
    My tip is to try to buy one just as a "test" and see how many sets come. If they send you the right amount, then buy large sums of trading cards.
  4. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    I've got lots of experience with these bots.

The best way is to check /r/SteamTradingCards (I moderate this subreddit and remove the majority of scams advertised) and see what rates the bots are selling for, generally the rates are pretty similar (for example between 14:1 and 17:1). When you find a bot selling for 24:1+ then it's pretty obviously a scam.

Also, a lot of the scam bots will not provide a link to their owner anywhere, have a look around for the owner of a bot before you buy.

As a last resort you can have the suspected bot send you an offer for 1 keys worth then you can manually count how many sets it provides.
    a Gentleman, Roudydogg1 and schmed like this.