1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How is this even allowed?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Ryanmcfaben, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Ryanmcfaben

Ryanmcfaben New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:195179474
    This user is clearly using the donation tier tag of steamrep as some sort of proving he is a legit trader of some kind ? I know he might be but that is just a donation tag anyone can get having money, that doesn't mean he is not a scammer or likely to scam people. I know for a fact because my friend got scammed by a guy that has some sort of donator tag he showed him and he was pretty much convinced.

I know steamrep doesn't care because they are the guys that are donating money to keep them running, etc .. but if you do, please do something about this.

The guy's profile link http://steamcommunity.com/id/gamerall-supply/

I couldn't upload a file here for some reason so i uploaded the screenshot on imgur instead - http://imgur.com/a/zfevq

Attached Files:

2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    This is not true. SR staff screen all donations and refund those are suspicious etc, more information can be found here: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/why-has-your-donation-to-steamrep-been-refunded.88844/

To me it just looks like this dude is using the donator badge to assist others in verifying its actually him (ineffective, but still), rather than using it as a form of reputation. There are a couple of red flags when I look through the profile though...

His information block for reference:
    | steamname: GamerAll.com - Supply
    | steam3ID: [U:1:307425067]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:153712533
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198267690795
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gamerall-supply
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198267690795
    Edward. likes this.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    First off, a donor tag means nothing when determining whether someone can be trusted. We try to screen obvious scammers or suspicious profiles - both automatically beforehand and manually after the fact - to prevent anyone from abusing the tag, but even after that a large portion of people only donate with intent to look "legit" so people will trust them before falling victim to fraud.

For this reason, we strongly recommend you not trust anyone passing off a donor tag as reputation. Having the donator tag, or any tier, means absolutely nothing about their trustworthiness.

Depending on when a tag was issued, relative to when scams are committed, we may or may not be able to issue a refund after the fact. Typically, if a significant length of time has elapsed, we will also leave the donor tag up along with the BANNED tag to further reinforce that the donor tag does not make anyone legit.
  4. Ryanmcfaben

Ryanmcfaben New User

Steam:
    The admin below said and i quote ''a donor tag means nothing''. Why would he need to verify himself when anyone can donate and use i as some sort of verification cause i have seen alot of impersonator that makes profile look exactly as the person they are impersonating so what makes them not to do the same in order to trick people? I'm glad steamrep do care and aware of this situation.
  5. Ryanmcfaben

Ryanmcfaben New User

Steam:
    I am not accusing him or anything but the guy clearly stated the donation tag as a form of reputation, he pointed out and i quote '' wondering if i am legit?see for yourself - My SteamRep Page - Donator - Tier V[steamrep.com] '' I mean one can simply link their steamrep profile link so others can check if his profile/record is clean, thats one thing. But mentioning a donator tag that do make people thing an individual is legit unless they make a move and trick the person. I think a donator shouldn't mention or use steamrep donator tag as a form of reputation and since that's exactly what you said above, i guess this guy that are using the badge as a reputation should be messaged to edit his showcase comment .
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    I'm not saying he has a good reason to use it as he is, all I said it doesn't appear that he's using to make himself more reputable, as one would commonly do if they intended to use it for fraud. As I said though, red flags are raised elsewhere with that profile.
  7. Ryanmcfaben

Ryanmcfaben New User

Steam:
    W
    Well i am just discussing as far as i understand, you don't need to showcase your donation tag . People uses enhanced steam will know and i think by looking at steamrep profile and other factors out there, people determines who to trust and who not to. And what red flags are you talking about?
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  8. StrikerXD

StrikerXD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:72017368
    That guy probably uses that "donator rank" on steamrep so if somebody will make an account with the same name as him and will add someone that is in his friend list or anybody, he will have more ways to prove that he is not the one that scammed or something like that , things like that happened to me also , someone made an account with my name , and casually started to add people and tell them different stuff , and some days later i found out myself ( when i am a gambler on many sites where i am in the top bettors ) that i scammed from for their pennies while i have thousands of dollars ... This is just annoying, sorry if i spoke about myself too much but i wanted to explain you :) . These days to be able to show your authenticity to your real profile you need to find different ways so people won't end up reporting you for things you never did