1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to change my Reputation Status?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Decisions, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Decisions

Decisions New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37991870
    Right now, it's says that I have "No reputation".

Is there a way to change that to "Excellent reputation" or at least to "Good reputation"?

I did do some trades for paypal before, for example I traded x15 earbuds to diego (Steam rep admin) and he went first with me.

My reputation thread (SourceOP):
    http://www.sourceop.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=49948&highlight=
    My SourceOP shop (If someone's interested):
    http://sourceop.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1070902#1070902
  2. Decisions

Decisions New User

Steam:
  3. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

SteamRep doesn't index reputation by number of trades or the kind of it or w/e. The problem with those is the verifiability of those. And its for SR not possible to start keeping track of that from people. Also, if we would it allows too easy to be cheated by people with loads of alts etc. The same goes with "rep" given on the profiles of people. We dont value that for reason that the negative rep there can be easily deleted by the person owning that account.

The main idea of Steamrep is:
    - Centralized place for a trusted resource on actual rep.
    - Show in a easy and very clear way what the trustable reputation is of an account (Admin, Middleman, Trusted Seller, Donor, normal, caution, Scammer).
    - Link to any relevant resources that is of relevance in relation to that account ( tf2tp, tf2b, tf2items, sourcebans pages, sourceop searches, google searches, etc)
    - If negative rep is shown, a indication of why this account was marked such. (which was introduced since maybe 4-5 months ago, so not all markings have such). This to negate on the public not understanding why somebody was such rep given.

SteamRep cannot keep up 100% ofcourse, too much work, and the admins doing it have their real life as well. So other indicators are up to the traders.

As for your question, the only attainable on short time span is "SR Donor" which requires a donation of 10 dollar to SR, see the donation button on the SR home page. This is however no indication of "being trusted". The other one is SOP Trusted Seller, which have their own requirements, see their SourceOp Thread for it. Or becoming a admin on the related communities, which have their own requirements. Be warned tho, becoming for example a SOP TS or UTC Admin requires a long trade history with rep given in a thread on such forums, and other requirements. As I'm not bothered by them, I'm not keeping up with their requirements.
  4. rawrnerozero

rawrnerozero New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23265836
    If you tl;dr datastorms post, he's mainly saying that you can only get good reputation if you are either Trusted Seller, (Insert name) Admin, etc. It's more easier to only give good reputation to people who have these on steamrep to show how trustworthy the person is, and shows how long the member has been here to reflect his status.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    The way I look at it... based on the "REP" diagram which by no means should even be an issue reflected upon any individual within SR is - No Rep is Good Rep. Case in point you are innocent till proven guilty in my book.
  6. Decisions

Decisions New User

Steam:
    Gotcha, thanks for the advice.
    Take care, and a have nice day fine sirs.