1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to contact Steam Support?

Discussion in 'SteamRep Guides' started by Thomas Matthias, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    How to contact Steam Support?
    If you would like to contact Steam Support, please visit https://support.steampowered.com

Let's start.
    There are two ways to start depending on your previous experience with Steam Support.
    If you have submitted a ticket before, you can sign in to your existing support account.
    If you have never submitted a ticket before, you can create a new support account.
    [​IMG]
    When you click "Create account", you will see a registration form which should be filled with details like:
    - Your name
    - Username which should NOT be the same as your SteamID or Steam name
    - Email address which will be used to contact you
    - Password which should NOT be the same as your Steam password, email password etc. We recommend to use random alphanumeric & symbol passwords.
    [​IMG]
    If you complete a registration form and sign in to your new support account or to existing one, you will see a website where you can decide if the problem is related to a game or Steam service.
    You can also look into your previously submitted tickets by clicking "Your questions".
    [​IMG]
    Whether you choose Game or Steam on the home screen, you always have the option to start a Steam Support ticket by clicking "Contact Steam Support".
    [​IMG]

Example messages to Steam Support
    Sometimes you are not sure what you should write in your support ticket. There are a few example messages which should help you in such cases.
    Keep it in mind that those pictures are only EXAMPLE messages and you should read Steam Support articles to find out what kind of information you should provide.

Hijacked Account
    Please visit https://support.steampowered.com and choose Steam on the home screen, then click Account Issues, then General Account Questions, then read Reclaiming a Hijacked Steam Account article.
    [​IMG]

Trade Banned/Trade Locked Account
    Please visit https://support.steampowered.com and choose Steam on the home screen, then click Account Issues, then General Account Questions, then read Suspended Steam Account article.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scam Report
    To report a scam report, please use the report feature on the user's Steam profile. More information can be found here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9958-MJDG-3003#scammed

• Go to the profile of the offending user
    • Click the 'More' drop-down located at the top right of the page
    • Choose "Report Violation"
    • Select the violation (example, "Attempted Trade Scam") and hit "Submit Report"

Final word
    Always be polite and respectful.

Screenshots by HelenAngel
    Text by Thomas Matthias
  2. Noize

Noize New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62692957
    Thanks, that helped me alot!
  3. UBi | f1y!n9 m@(h!n3

UBi | f1y!n9 m@(h!n3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34496649
    Thank you! Helped me lot :)
  4. Raliga

Raliga New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29506536
    Does Steam care if I have been scammed? I gave a serial to sb and he didn't give me the games he was supposed to buy for me
  5. Sir Phoenix

Sir Phoenix Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34122758
    you broke the TOS so they wont recover the games/game you were suposed to recieve
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

while they may not "refund" you or w/e, they will mark tabs on the accounts reported to them. If a account becomes too problematic to them, they will take action against it. (Trade ban, account disable, etc)
  7. RetroPCx

RetroPCx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56032999
    Thank you for the information it helped me a lot :3
  8. - Sm[1]LeY™ 2

- Sm[1]LeY™ 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:73979025
    this web is help to back accounts ?
  9. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    Yes, if your account has been lost to another user, Steam Support can help get it back for you. In most cases, they can also restore the items lost during the time you did not have access to the account.
  10. - Sm[1]LeY™ 2

- Sm[1]LeY™ 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:73979025
    i want help please look David Post and help me my account is hacked and i want back my items
  11. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    Please contact steam support. Steamrep is not the place to ask nor can anyone help you with your issue besides steam.
  12. iOfferCookie

iOfferCookie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:77509967
    k man ill try my best!
  13. ☁TTT☁ Australium

☁TTT☁ Australium New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56946311
    Thanks a lot for the thread, it helped me a lot ^^
  14. Bodrex

Bodrex New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62708191
    my friend tried this and his items back, except the keys
  15. tAVROS_nITRAM79

tAVROS_nITRAM79 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:101499825
    steam wont send me the verification email. i have used three different emails and none of them got the email, not even in the spam folder
  16. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    1. This topic has nothing to do with SteamGuard.
    2. Your account is so brand new, I doubt that you had to activate any yet, for new accounts SSFN file is only generated to be steamguard secure after 3x login or some. all you need to do is verify your email on steam, and make sure SteamGuard is enabled. Then, in some 2 weeks you could trade maybe.
  17. =PB= [ HT ] Dragonaryx

=PB= [ HT ] Dragonaryx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41095332
    yeah but it meets you in one week during this time the hackers able do s✿✿✿ everyone and to intimidate the other or simply remove your thing.
    Or trade something with his real account. :(
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Open your email you got for activating your computer. There is a link there to LOCK the account, so the hijacker cannot do anything with it. Needs steam support to unlock it.
  19. =PB= [ HT ] Dragonaryx

=PB= [ HT ] Dragonaryx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41095332
    yeah :/
  20. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hey, valve provided a way to lock the account, to prevent a hijacker doing bad stuff with your account. What else you expect? that they come to your home and clean up your computer too? Or install a brain to not click bad links?
    Knucklejoe and Clive like this.