1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to find the scammer again?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by pAzilicious^, Mar 12, 2014.

1. pAzilicious^

pAzilicious^ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23081325
    Hello!
    Just got scammed for my karambit slaughter which cost me 350 euros :(
    Trade happened with paypal and with midleman from steamrep.com, today he returned his money from paypal.
    He also removed me as friend and now i cant find him again. Since we used midleman i cant go to trade history to find him. Any ideas?

I have proof i sent the Karambit to midleman and never got it back, i also have proof of him returning his payment. What can i do with this information?
  2. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Well if it was a legit SR middleman you can always add the middleman back and ask him to get the steam account. Also in future if you do anymore paypal trades I would recommend that you record their steam community link before trading with them just in case this happens again.
  3. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    You can find who you traded with through your inventory history. You can find it in the steam browser by clicking into your inventory, click more, then click inventory history.
    It looks something like this:

trade_history.png

Then just click the name of the person you traded with and you can see their profile. Run the url from the profile page through SteamRep's main page and give the block when you set up your report.
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Ask the middleman to help you find him (ideally with an inventory history screenshot).

Who was your middleman? If they don't help you (and they're a real green-tagged middleman), let me know and I'll be sure they get you the data.

Once you know their profile, you can report them on their profile page to Valve (which might get him a trade ban) and you can also report him here with your evidence: http://forums.steamrep.com/forms/scam-report.2/respond
  5. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Steam:
    He didn't trade with the scammer in question, he sent the items to a middleman.
  6. pAzilicious^

pAzilicious^ New User

Steam:
    It was Yun-Yung. (proof: http://i.imgur.com/oAQSpnU.png click his name and it brings you here: http://i.imgur.com/v2NlrJ0.png)

He did a great job, but i see hes offline now and i cant send him a friend request (for unknown reasons), so if you could do me the favor and tell him i want to talk to him, that would be great :)
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Enable steam URL's in Steam, and give us the URL to his profile.

Steam:
    - Open settings.
    - Go to "Interface"
    - enable "Display Steam URL address bar when available"
    [​IMG]
    - Go again to his profile.
    - Paste his URL here.

Just to verify you had the real one, for there's like 30 impersonators...
  8. pAzilicious^

pAzilicious^ New User

Steam:
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  10. pAzilicious^

pAzilicious^ New User

Steam:
    I think he ignored me since i added him while he was offline, can somebody tell him that? :D
  11. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    I never said he traded with a scammer, I just gave a method to find who he traded with. Looks like it worked.

I did mention setting up a report, but it looks like that won't be necessary.
  12. pAzilicious^

pAzilicious^ New User

Steam:
    I still dont know who it was tho, cant get in contact with the Middleman. Can anyone help me? I think im blocked from sending him friend requests.
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    @Mattie! said he'd find out for you if you couldn't, so I guess its his cue now.
  14. pAzilicious^

pAzilicious^ New User

Steam:
  15. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Steam:
    Well SteamRep can't do a thing about getting items back and valve won't do a thing especially when it's trades to do with paypal
  16. pAzilicious^

pAzilicious^ New User

Steam:
    Im not talking about getting it back. I need a favor that takes 4 seconds to get a scammer banned.
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    your problem of not being able to add him is due that you added him when he was offline. He has in his RoE (rules of engagement, see text on his profile) that he ignores everybody who adds him when he's offline.

I've send 'm a invite, we'll see.

/edit: and he ignored my invite...
    /edit2: i've adjusted his SR page with a text linking to this topic.
  18. pAzilicious^

pAzilicious^ New User

Steam:
    Thank you so much for your help :D
  19. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    and I'll tag him: @Garrett

so he maybe see it next time.
  20. pAzilicious^

pAzilicious^ New User

Steam:
    Update: i've given up on finding the scammer. Its taken me too much effort, its not rally worth it anymore. Thanks for the help from you guys. Turns out the worst part about the trade was using a middleman, which is pretty frustrating. Again, thanks and continue doing the favors you do :D