1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to get more trusted?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by l4w, Oct 10, 2015.

1. l4w

l4w New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:126231298
    I wanna start doing real money trades. I did like 20 but most people won't trade with me because im not trusted enough.
    Which ways are there to get more reps and get more trusted? I DONT WANT TO DO REP FOR REP!!!

Greets
  2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    I guess my first post didn't go through:

1. Read what Sivartz linked about what constitutes as reputation. Understand that profile rep means nothing.
    2. Start a rep thread at an SR Partner Community Forum. These are seen as valid forms of rep by SteamRep. [FoG] [Lethal Zone]
    3. Start a CS:GO Rep! thread for all of your cash trades. (Keep in mind that this is NOT valid rep. Just that a lot of traders do rely on this group.)
    4. To get reputation relatively easily, you should do some key purchases from sellers at a slightly raised rate, like $2.1 USD ea in small amounts of 5 - 10 keys. Sellers are generally inclined to take smaller risks to help you out.
    5. Get more games linked to your Steam account, level up your steam account, get more hours on the games you also trade through. These do no help you with your cashrep, but an investment into your steam account shows some sellers that you are serious about buying with cash. Keep in mind that there are a lot of high leveled scammers as well, and having a high level or 200 games does not make you trustworthy. Always be careful when conducting a cash transaction and best of luck!
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/12391
    Tho the thread creator cannot delete the comments like profile rep, their is zero verification if the accounts giving "rep" are alts or not. Its essentially glorified profile rep.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Enstage likes this.
  5. KenKuro

KenKuro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56840869
    i am also like that
    i want to raise the reputation to get more trusted
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Posting here won't help that just FYI.

You really need to take the time and read thru other threads on this very same subject and educate yourself.
  7. l4w

l4w New User

Steam:
    So I read through some threads and I really appreciate your guys' help! Is there a possibility to sell some of my keys in low amounts to trusted persons first?
  8. Savey Charms

Savey Charms New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91151946
    I am a new member so pardon me if I am mistaken. But do you absolutely have to trade to get "+rep?" Almost being scammed, I want to make sure that the person I am trading with, as well as myself, is trustworthy of such smooth trade.
  9. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Please read: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/what-constitutes-reputation.12391/

"+rep" is meaningless, that guide will explain it in more detail.
  10. Savey Charms

Savey Charms New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91151946
    Thank you for the clear up. But the one thing I was confused on while reading a few things was that to look to make sure the profile is over level 5. Personally I only play csgo because that's the only game I enjoy. I saw that you gain experience through playing different games and different things within the game, but why is this necessary?
  11. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    It isn't.

Steam levels really don't matter, since someone could easily spend a few dollars on trading cards and get it way above 5. I've seen a few people with a Steam level of 100+ and less than 30 hours in a game trying to sell some high value things.
    That combination should be raising some red flags.

As far as being "trusted", the link that many others have already given is your best bet. Read the rules first, then make a rep thread on a community forum. Which one is up to you. After that, time and good trades will build you some good reputation. Be smart about your trades and you'll be fine.
  12. {BBG} Big Bang Theory

{BBG} Big Bang Theory Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19517283
    @l4w Gaining rep and trust in the community can seem like a catch 22 and there is no easy answer. Most folks will be suspicious of someone striving for rep and to be a MM and if you are in the CSGO world, my advice is save yourself some headaches and don't bother.
    However, IMO (which is worth little to nothing) a person's rep involves long term history in steam, endorsements from other folks with rep, transparency, and having a lot to lose by going rouge. One of the best ways is basically riding on the coattails of someone already established. This however will be a function of time and luck.
    a Gentleman likes this.
  13. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    @l4w - I concur with BBT on this one. I rode on many coattails and tried to be as transparent as I could in order to be able to contribute and volunteer at the level I am at today. If your end goal is a green tag, don't bother. If you end goal is to help others, keep doing what you're doing (I see you over at LZ!) and you'll be noticed in time.
  14. l4w

l4w New User

Steam:
    I appreciate your oppinion but for now I mostly met so many nice people while trading with some keys that I can think it's not a super big deal getting positive reputation! People helped me although my profile looks super fishy. Besides I am a student and my financial status is not allowing me having like 50+ steam level or 5k+ inventory. And I can handle some headaches ;).
  15. l4w

l4w New User

Steam:
    I already reached my main goal, to be able to help others! Lets be honest, firstly I only cared about getting that green badge but while I helped that many people on the forums I don't care anymore, I am happy to help changing the community to the better and protecting inexperienced members :).
  16. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    That "Green Badge" you speak of means NOTHING!! If that was your first intention then you've already went down the wrong road for miles with no where to turn around.
    Enstage and a Gentleman like this.
  17. l4w

l4w New User

Steam:
    To be honest, I don't know what to say to that lol. So you want me to stop doing what I do because I want stupid when I started doing it?