1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to get rep without cash trading?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Ye Olde Lulz Turtle, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Ye Olde Lulz Turtle

Ye Olde Lulz Turtle New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:38190123
    Hey guys,

I'm new-ish to trading (I have about 200.6 hrs. on TF2) and I'm wondering how to obtain rep without cash trades? I propose this question because everyone on tf2r.com wants people with 20 rep, 100 rep, etc. My current status is neutral, and I often make fair trades (use spreadsheets sometimes) and never scam. Any idea on how I can obtain rep just to raffle stuff on the aforementioned site?
  2. SlashStarEX

SlashStarEX New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41762144
    TF2R uses their OWN system of rep, you raffle and people might give you positive rep.
    THE REP ON TF2R HAS NO INFLUENCE ON ANY OTHER PLACE BESIDES TF2R OTHER THAN MAKING ANOTHER PERSON FEEL SLIGHTLY SAFER.

Anyway, I am stuck in the same hole, I have no rep when it comes to $$$ trading as well and I plan not to spend any money.
  3. Ye Olde Lulz Turtle

Ye Olde Lulz Turtle New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:38190123
    Thanks :) I really don't want to spend all my cash for some stupid virtual hat, really. I'd rather buy a real top hat.

Yes.
  4. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    if you're not trading for money, there's no need for a rep thread. Unless you plan on becoming an admin of a community and need to prove that you're trustworthy. Most communities look for a history of cash trades because having gone through that, you're more likely to understand the loss and therefore care what happens where money is concerned. Experience is always key.
  5. Champelliot

Champelliot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36236835
    Tf2r is a raffle site, that means they use a separate rep system to say Source OP. For them the rep system entails that you have been a 'good' raffler. This means that people have trusted you with your items, and you haven't run off with them. In all TF2 communities rep is a measure of trust. You will receive rep when people put their trust in you and you don't betray them.
    Just prove yourself to be a reputable trader and as the name suggests rep will follow. Remember that a good reputation is not built overnight, you must frequently raffle and take part in community events, it may be several weeks or months before anyone may trust you with something over the value of a few keys.

Hope this helps,
    Good Luck!
  6. ¤CvG¤™ avergejoe ✈

¤CvG¤™ avergejoe ✈ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14367091
    The best way to earn rep is to just trade. Rep on tf2r is all about popularity of you and your raffles. I recommend you just make good trades and be polite. I think of rep as a way of letting other users know that you had a positive experience, whether it's with real world cash or tf2 items, with another person. Eventually you'll accumulate a good name.