1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

how to unlock my account lock by owner

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by FT.Igneel, Aug 9, 2015.

1. FT.Igneel

FT.Igneel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:76203508
    well first when i play on some place i forgot to logout , then i lock it when i got home , now i dont know what to do to unlock ? any tips ?
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    If you created your steam account, you should have an email associated with it that you can access.

Make a support account at http://steamsupport.com and explain your situation to them. Let me know if you need more help.
  3. FT.Igneel

FT.Igneel New User

Steam:
    no replaywed..by valve
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    When you "lock" your account (which is a link within the activation mail from Valve), the ONLY way to unlock your account is via a support ticket to Valve.

Next time:
    - Open Steam
    - Go to Steam Settings (top left menu "Steam" select "Settings")
    - Click on the left "Account"
    - Click the button "Manage Steam Guard Account Security"
    And go from there (depends on if you have a steam guard authenticator how that interface works etc).

Options to lock out a different place you authenticated:
    - Remove the other authenticated places In above pointed to steam guard management system.
    - Change password (should have logged out there and not stored password... but whatever).

You will have to wait for steam support to respond to your ticket, and explain why you locked yourself out, and provide them with proof of ownership.
  5. FT.Igneel

FT.Igneel New User

Steam:
    thanks done
  6. Zevo_YT

Zevo_YT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:155867656
    If you self-lock your account they give you a code. so when you go to steam support and click self-locked you enter that code and your account will unlock
  7. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    No necroing.