1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I am struggling to find evidence from when I was scammed.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by z3phyl, Aug 5, 2013.

1. z3phyl

z3phyl New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33537374
    Today at 12:00 GMT (estimate) I was scammed by someone who I trusted and had been trading with for the last day or so. I'd known him on skype for about a week before that. We met on a server and everyone went on skype. Anyway that's not the important bit. He takes screenshots and sells them to people, that is what I was told so when he asked to borrow a hat of mine and he gave a deposit I was happy to do so, I made a couple of scrap as well. We did this a few for times and I made a refined in profit. Today I lent him about 4 keys in items, he lent me the teufort toothkickers as he didn't have enough to cover that, I did this on trust. But after I traded him he immediately went offline but didn't unfriend me on steam or skype | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198069876447 Here is his id. I don't have much to go on in the way of evidence as it wasn't a incriminating persay and there isn't much in the steamchat logs apart from me asking for my items back. Can anyone help me display this in a way for it to get noticed by an admin or for me to get my items back.

Many thanks

Quantum/z3phyl
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

make a report with trade history.

also make screenshots of the skype chats if they are relevant.
  3. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Wait, wait, wait.
    He's still on your friend's list?

How is this a scam at this time?
    Maybe he had to go somewhere and just wanted to get the trade done first.
    Unless if he never speaks to you again or refuses to replay you..it's not a scam as of yet.
  4. ryaneus

ryaneus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53135677
    Be sure to screenshot the skype messages I guess, though if you can, and if its a mistake, you can try asking him from the items back.