1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I can't tell if admins are actually reading appeals.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by WinnerOJD, Apr 25, 2021.

1. WinnerOJD

WinnerOJD Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:150971835
    Hi there, I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if there's anyone who has advice on how to appeal in a way in which the admins will actually take time to read it before invalidating it because of the "no mistakes policy" this site has.

I recently appealed because I was falsely banned 3-4 years ago after being accused of being someone's alternate account due to the fact that I had a recent trade history with them because they sent me a cheap yellow tf2 hat which got automatically accepted due to my trade history. My appeal regarding this was denied because apparently I did not use the right tag when making it and instead I should make one using the "Wrong alt/I am not the person accused" tag.

I then did this, I made the new appeal and fixed this, explaining in the very first paragraph that this is the reason for me making another appeal and labelling in the box questioning whether I'd ever made an appeal before that I had, but was advised to change the appeal tag when making another.

ANYWAYS, this was then invalidated and the admin said "Appeal already denied, please DO NOT make more appeals".

In regards to the FAQ on general conversation in this forum, I'm not referencing a specific appeal so this does not break the guidelines, it's really hard to gather information to help decide what the next best action to take is when I keep getting silenced (if this gets locked it proves my point that the staff don't actually read posts before invalidating them).

Anyways, I'd really appreciate if someone has any words of wisdom on this and could point me in the right direction, or simply if anyone else has had the same problem, thanks!
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You have already been warned multiple times by different staff about bringing your own case in to the general discussion section, and yes, you have again, that is not up for further debate. This thread is being archived because you insist in doing it again. If you leave your case out of your overall question, you can post it in a new thread.

Archiving.