1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I found the guy who has my stolen item

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by SpleenballPro-FuG III, Jul 21, 2013.

1. SpleenballPro-FuG III

SpleenballPro-FuG III New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:9901451
    He wont friend me and has ignored my requests. I tried contacting him through his trading sites but no avail. Is there any way we can tag him with accepting stolen items?
  2. Mr. Valentine

Mr. Valentine New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50959178
    Get proof he has stolen your items. Evidence can make or break a case.
  3. SpleenballPro-FuG III

Steam:
    Proof2.jpg Proof.jpg

There we see rep given to Chasm from Rex!sexy. Rex!sexy gave out three rep the night of the stolen item...this one is the only one with an Eth Flame wardog with the same color scheme that mine had. I made a price check on reddit.com for the item and here is the price check where I LONG BEFORE this incident I request a price check and gave the color of the particles. http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/comments/1gcsw1/pcunusual_ethereal_flame_enduring_wardog/
  4. SpleenballPro-FuG III

Steam:
    Also proof of my trade to the scammer. inventoryhist.jpg
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

There is no way to ascertain it is really your item. For there is no original ID to be found afaik with dota2 items on history. Also this person can be the Nth person after the scammer. He's by no way obliged to you in any way with it if so. If proof can be found that there is a direct link between the scammer and the current owner, then maybe, depending on evidence / circumstances / type of link between we would mark 'm. We have very specific rulesets on marking ppl scammer etc.

tbh, the admins of D2T have way more experience with Dota2 items, and tracking of it, and know the specifics. I'd recommend to make the report there. Did you report the scam itself to valve and to D2T?
  6. SpleenballPro-FuG III

Steam:
    A friend of mine contacted him and this was their chat log. I can get the actual chat log from him later tonight.

Proof3.jpg
  7. SpleenballPro-FuG III

Steam:
    Which site is D2T?
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

9. SpleenballPro-FuG III

Steam: