1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I have a problem and really want to find a way to resolve this.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [FUG-III] Sonic, Aug 5, 2015.

1. [FUG-III] Sonic

[FUG-III] Sonic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41289322
    Yesterday I got on Steam to hear that a friend of mine got hijacked for a short amount of time. A RAT was used to enter his account and trade all the items to the hijacker. All of his CSGO items were taken and a few TF2 items were stolen as well. We already know who acquired the items and we were ready to get him banned on the spot.

Now here's the problem....

We don't actually believe he stole the items. I won't go in to too much about the user, but he actively plays on ETFL and is a very active trader. We think somebody just gave our friend's items to him so we could trade lock him and/or restrict his account. His reputation is just fine.

Basically we think someone is trying to frame him.

But I keep thinking he really did just steal his items. Maybe he's just using his reputation to stay in the clear, but he has a post on the forum for doing something weird before. We've already tried contacting him and his team, but he said he wouldn't return them.

But even if we try to get them back through support, they won't allow it since his items were already stolen before. So is it worth getting someone banned and not getting anything back? We don't even know if we have enough proof to report him on here too. We can't actually tell if he did it. We've already gotten the RAT out of his computer.

He's telling me to leave this case alone, but I really don't want to. I really want to find justice for him. I'm just really confused right now and could use some clarification.
  2. Flying Anonymoose

Flying Anonymoose New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31172344
    The first red flag that popped up (for me at least) is that he's saying to leave the case alone. That seems like a strange thing to say if you have proof you obtained the items in a legitimate manner. Just my thoughts, though.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Even hijackers play games. Just report it to Valve and they will be able to see if that account actually had anything to do with it.

Also, whatever ppl play "competitively" isn't a reason of "trust". He has "your friend's" items, and "your friend" should get them back from Steam Support.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    If the hijacker hijacked his computer to do the trades from his computer there is nothing Valve can do.

With an hour or so of work you can set up enough trades to "clean" any item.

If he has a large/full portion of the original items that's suspicious, but Valve rarely does anything if there's no IP history to use.