1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

"I made/run a tf2 site and I want you to advertise it for weekly payment"

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Naxer (broken PC), Nov 1, 2018.

1. Naxer (broken PC)

Naxer (broken PC) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25860525
    Has anyone else read such message from a random person?

I just got hit with it for the fourth time. Every single one of them offered to pay me weekly for having a link to their site on my profile or nickname. I am not sure whether I should have reported them or not. Those sites could have been some phishing attempt, or it could be just another gambling bs. I couldn't tell since I called them out before they gave me the link (or simply forgot about them).

So here's the question: Should I report them?
  2. ЩĄ | Horse

ЩĄ | Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Site could be two things - fake gambling related which is reportable here or phishing which is not to be reported here.
    You need to test the site mostly the login prompt to see which it provides...typically those with a popup box are fake for phishing.
    Those that are legit steam login are typically fake gambling.
    Overall best to just avoid them if you get them a lot - there are many accounts that are either new or purchased and will be replaced in hours if tagged here or Valve bans them.
  3. Naxer (broken PC)

Naxer (broken PC) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25860525
    Alright, thanks for the quick reply.