1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I need your opinion if I'm going to get scammed or not

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by greenflames11, Oct 2, 2015.

1. greenflames11

greenflames11 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60907129
    Hello,sorry but I'm not sure this is the right place to post this or not but here goes.Yesterday I got an add from someone wanting to trade my Steaming Demoman's Fro for a non-tradable GTA V gift.At the time I was looking for 15 keys pure or at least 20 in items so when I saw that GTA V was selling for around 25 keys on outpost it didn't seem to suspicious.He went first and I traded him the unusual after I received the gift and I thought everything went smoothly.After a few hours of trying to sell the gift I found out someone can revoke gifts if they so choose so I stopped trying to sell it and now I'm here.I'll upload some screenshots for you guys to judge.Again,sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this and if it is I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Attached Files:

2. greenflames11

greenflames11 New User

Steam:
    If you guys want screenshots of the chat I have them,I just put up some of his profile info so you guys can give me your opinion if I'm screwed or not.
  3. Fuzzy Curtain

Fuzzy Curtain New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:71482633
    Could you link his profile? I seriously doubt you have anything to worry about, but it couldn't hurt to check :D
    Enstage likes this.
  4. greenflames11

greenflames11 New User

Steam:
  5. Fuzzy Curtain

Fuzzy Curtain New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:71482633
    I used the pictures you posted to find his profile. If I had to guess I'd say he's fine, but just remember, if he does do anything, this is where you need to report him ASAP
  6. greenflames11

greenflames11 New User

Steam:
    Alright thanks Fuzzy.I also managed to get a hold of another guy that traded with him.Apparently he's not the original buyer of the gifts and that there was another guy that traded his unusual for 3 of his gta 5 gifts.I don't understand why someone would would buy so many but none of my business I guess.The unusuals he bought are gone but maybe it's an alt account?But anyway thanks,you helped clear my anxiety :D Should I close this thread now?
  7. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    My advice to you- never tell a person that is fine to trade with another unless you actually know that person.

If you came here to ask you had doubts, if you have doubts don't trade. I hope you don't get your games revoked, but note that is possible.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  8. greenflames11

greenflames11 New User

Steam:
    When I made the trade originally I thought I was perfectly fine,never heard of gifts being revoked since I never really had to deal with gifts.I found out after the fact I traded with the guy that gifts were revocable.If I had known before hand I probably would have not traded the guy in the first place.I should have looked more into it but I guess that's another lesson learned the hard way.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  9. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    I didn't even read the thread, but based on the title the answer is 95% "you're getting scammed."
  10. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
  11. greenflames11

greenflames11 New User

Steam:
    Well as expected all the steam gifts this guy traded out are revoked.As far as I know of there are at least 5 people that got scammed by this guy so I expect multiple reports on this guy but I'm pretty sure this guy is an alt account.I'm going to go ahead and fill out a report here and try to get a ticket with steam support(which I doubt well help seeing their policies on things like this).
  12. greenflames11

greenflames11 New User

Steam:
  13. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    For future reference, if you think you might get scammed, and want to know "should I trust this person", the answer is usually "run like you've never run before".
  14. greenflames11

greenflames11 New User

Steam:
    I found the account that has "bought" the unusuals and now he's quickselling them
    | steamname: Your daddy :3
    | steam3ID: [U:1:85533261]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:42766630
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045798989
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198045798989
    He says he bought him off of the guy for 3-4 keys off and that's the reason he's quickselling them but I've looked at his backpack history and Im pretty sure he's an alt.My unusual has aready shifted hands but but some of them are still in his backpack.I have a few screenshots of his bp from a few hours ago [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. greenflames11

greenflames11 New User

Steam:
    I talked a little bit more with the guy that bought the unusuals.Not sure if he's an alt of the scammer or just some guy that saw a pretty good deal,still seems a little fishy on how quick they traded hands but there's not much I can do with a hunch.I'll just report the guy that Yoda guy and hope for the best.Thanks for the help guys.
  16. greenflames11

greenflames11 New User

Steam:
    *I'll just report that Yoda guy and hope for the best*Sorry for the typo.