1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I recieved a permanent trade ban for accepting a trade offer.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by surprise, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surprise

surprise New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:72999479
    Hi,

On the 18 of July I got a trade offer:

[​IMG]

Obviously I accepted it immediately.
    Approximately 30 mins after that, I got trade banned for "violations of the Steam Trading Policy."

I made a ticket that day, still no answer. A few days later I contacted the guy who sent me those stuff. (I blocked him after I accepted the offer, I didn't want to talk with him because I was sure that he'd cry.)

Here is the conversation:

[​IMG]

So, he was stupid enough to send me his stuff( a window pops up when you want to send something with nothing in exchange), and he reported me falsely, therefore, I got banned.

This is absolute bullsh*t. Trade bans are not given automatically, an employee does it manualy. And I think it is a huge problem, that they ban someone inappropriate.

So If somebody sends a few expensive items to a streamer, he accepts it, then the person who sent it reports him, he'll get banned? (Perhaps this happend to Anomaly)

(Btw I'm sure he wanted to lowball me, those stuff that he sent worth about 90€, and my knife is about 140€. Nobody like lowballers.)
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    There is so much scamming going on in CS:GO, I'd guess that Valve just bans on scam complaints, esp with a trade being there. And also, don't expect a answer within 2 weeks. Its summer, a lot more issues, and less valve staff.

And a side note, if you wheren't going to "give away" your "knife" worth about 140, for a "offer" of about 90, why would someone else "give" that much away?

So Karma got you a trade ban, for if you had been honest you would have rejected it.
  3. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Captain Unicorn Smiles r/dota2trade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55854370
    [​IMG]
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    you are going off the assumption that the user is telling the truth/whole story and that no other trade he participated in triggered the ban. far stretch,
  5. TNT-BBX-SNIPER

TNT-BBX-SNIPER New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:96428234
    Don't comply on something "too good to be true."
  6. surprise

surprise New User

Steam:
    Thank you for the answers, except Captain Unicorn Smiles.

I don't completly understand what you wrote. When he made the trade offer, he forgot to put my knife into the window.

The only reason I got banned is that he falsely reported me.

He didn't get banned: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/can-i-get-trade-banned-for-this.106235/

And don't compare this situation to the "someone dropped a 100$ and I ran away with it" It is a little bit easier to drop your wallet than sending skin to someone nothing in exchange.

Regards,

Surprise
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    Guess you missed my above reply. I dont know, SR does not know either, only Valve does. Comparing your situation to another thread is not an accurate comparison, not even you know the exact reason/circumstance surrounding your own ban, you are going off the assumption that it was that particular issue and not something else or other issues you may or may not have been involved in.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  8. surprise

surprise New User

Steam:
    After I got banned, I was pretty sure that I'm not the only one who have this problem. Since google is our friend, I found this. I spoke with the user, he/she said that it took him/her 6 months to get unbanned, and only after he/she could show a proof(conversation ss) that the user sent him/her the offer.
  9. prodigyaustralia

prodigyaustralia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52814116
    This reminds me of when someone gets VAC'd for cheating, "wtf VAC for no reason I swear im legit"

Valve has been around for a long time and they know what they're doing. The only time I've ever seen false cases of people getting banned is mainly through impersonations. For example; Large individuals in the trading community (whether that be middlemans, any trading community admins, YouTubers, Twitchers, any trading community moderators, well known traders or even community trading Bots) gets impersonated on a scammers account. The victim then reports the real (non-scammer account) to Valve without thinking. With lots of different people doing this and potentially each scammer doing it more than once the reports come in more and more. Causing a false ban on that individual.

I've done some research about you (steamid etc), I don't and I'm sure other people would agree that you aren't one those "Large Individuals". Looking at your screenshot you have had 720 incoming and out going trade offers recently. So that's potentially 720 scams that could have occurred or you have tried to conduct or you have been potentially involved in.

What he said^ If someone told you to jump off a bridge and you'll survive would you do it?

All I can say is that you are a scammer or are involved in scamming and you got what was coming to you. Good job on Valve catching you.

P.S.

*In relation to your trade ban*

[x]Rekt [ ]Not Rekt
  10. surprise

surprise New User

Steam:

Looks like you have no idea what are you talking about. I won't argue with you, have a nice day.
    Enstage and Roudydogg1 like this.
  11. prodigyaustralia

prodigyaustralia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52814116
    Rofl
  12. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    That scenario doesnt even apply here, it's not like the player said "take these items for free, and you 100% for sure wont get banned". Not going to even talk about the other clutter of nonsensical things you mentioned as it would just be a waste of time on everyone's part! :)
  13. You Are The One

Steam:
    No reply from anyone at Valve nor any support ticket in that thread. No context whatsoever, but I'm glad google is your friend.
    Meaningless since valve keeps chat conversations to begin with.
  14. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    I wont deny valve does make mistakes time to time with trade bans. I have been wrongly trade banned 4 times now.

I am not saying they were in the wrong here, but rather acknowledging they do make mistakes.
  15. surprise

surprise New User

Steam:

I don't think Valve pays attention to topics like that one.

I believe he spoke with the user after he got banned.

I'm pretty confident that I'll be unbanned, but still, valve shouldn't make these kind of mistakes. And their costumer service is simply horrible.
  16. FireballNitro

FireballNitro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57327886
    karma is b✿✿✿✿
  17. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Don't bump dead threads with useless posts. Thread locked.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.