1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

If a marking appeal fails on F-O-G can it be appealed here?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by BigMac187, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
    I've recently been marked on F-O-G and I feel it's very incorrect marking. I was wondering if I was to appeal there and they were to deny it will I be able to appeal here?

Or once they make a decision is it final and it can't be appealed? If so then there are obvious issues with that.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Its a FoG tag and falls under their jurisdiction as any outside community tag does. The only way you could take it up with SR is (1. after you attempted to appeal with FoG and (2. FoG violated SR policy in applying the tag in the first place. Note: SR will not look at the case if its simply because you disagree with the outcome of the appeal.

Note: I am no longer an SR admin so what I said above may not be current policy. Also, I did not specifically look into your case.
    Roudydogg1 and WarNev3rChanges like this.
  3. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Yeah I'll like an official response so if any retired or non SR admins can stay out of these discussions that will be appreciated as I'll rather minimize any confusion.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You Are The One is correct, and the policy has not changed since he was last on staff. I suggest you take your FoG appeal seriously.
    Roudydogg1 and WarNev3rChanges like this.
  5. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Is marking someone for a first time accidental trade with a scammer while SteamRep was down and the person was unaware that the person was a scammer part of SR policy?

I'm just unsure about this, Mattie has said many times they are moving away from this yet this is the reason for the marking.
  6. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    We spoke to SR admins before fully handling your report. Also its never been against the rules for admins to give full bans to people who trade for large amounts with scammers (and $3000 is a lot)
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Sorry for trying to answer your questions with correct/current policy.

good luck tho!
  8. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Did you ignore all the other facts?

You threw out some other statements in the the reasoning for the marking but they are not factual.

Do you always mark for large trades or is a pick and choose case?

This question is directed for SteamRep only as only they can answer it.

Are partner communities allowed to mark users on steamrep as banned for single trades when the person did not know that the user was a listed scammer at the time and could not confirm it?
  9. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61533793
    lookin at ur steam rep page is so funny its full of people banned or cautioned by partner websites and steamrep as wel as trade banned by steam but u also have admins in ur group how highly contradictory page :)
  10. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Who?

Did I trade them when they were listed?

How many are not listed?

Why does that matter? I could say the same about most peoples Rep, people get marked over time.
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I've never really seen SR being down, seems like just an excuse to me but what do I know.

Ohh there are lots of cache sites to use too for at least semi updated information but when you really don't know for sure don't make the trade.... sounds like common sense to me.

http://cachedview.com/
    Roudydogg1 and ForteSP like this.
  12. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    I'm going to say this now, I didn't handle the report against you, but I advised n0name to speak to SR admins before doing anything, he did and the conclusion he came to from that conversation was to apply a full ban for a $3000 trade made with a scammer that has been marked for well over a year. The ban was justified. And like Horse said, chances of you not being able to find out that they had a scammer tag are very slim. And BTW we tend to apply full scammer tags for trades that are valued at $750 or more. And with current SR discussions that's likely to drop lower. I didn't handle your report so if you do make an appeal I will most likely be the person to handle it FYI.
    Hitman Sparky, Roudydogg1 and ForteSP like this.
  13. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    He's been a long long time member of SR and other communities he trades at and tbh should have reasonably known the policy (for the record I dont see how he could have not known) (after the countless pointless posts here that was pretty much a given)..
  14. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    To be fair he only made those pointless posts because he committed the trade to begin with.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    SR was never longer offline then a couple hours... even with the transition to the new server, we left the old server online but locked (no changes allowed to be made to add notes/tags etc), while working the new server to import database, get everything to work, and then once that fully worked, we switched the DNS address.

With a 3000 dollar trade, its not something one does in 5 minutes. The higher the value is, the more cautious people become (at least, I hope for them). Not checking SR while you know SR exists for such a high value trade is simply not believable. I've seen ppl in reports tell about such outages in the past, and 5-10 minutes later they come back its working again, and they continue with that.

Yes, SR has had a few downtimes, but not many and never for very long.
  16. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Long gone are the days where people used common sense when trading high value...instead of using a simple site being down as excuse to make a trade they would have made anyway.

IMO...if you don't know about the user...then don't trade with 'em...guess it wasn't as common sense as i thought it was to use such logic!
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    LOGIC?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Emeritus, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs, Web API Beta Group).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    As the question was answered with that, I close the topic.
    Roudydogg1 and ForteSP like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.