1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I'm concerned...

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Clonk, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Clonk

Clonk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33505947
    [​IMG]
    It seems I have a friend who is a scammer, and I want to know who it is.
    Could someone please help me find out who the scammer is so I can get rid of him/her?
  2. Champelliot

Champelliot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36236835
    Having a single scammer friend is nothing to be worried about, but not stating you should try to associate with them. Also, having looked at your page just now, and it seems you have 0 scammer friends. If you trade regularly you may have added a scammer by accident, or the scammer removed themselves from your friends list.
  3. Clonk

Clonk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33505947
    Ah, that's good to know. Thank you.
  4. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479

The previous poster gave you good advice.

I will just add that having a scammer friend is not a crime, and if you happen to have a real friend who has a scammer tag, it is not life of death.

Most people have one or more scammer friends, since many people do not check their profile in Steamrep. Obviously if you are a trader, it is best not to have any scammer friends, and my advice is simply remove them all, so no one can judge you guilty by association. I tend to check myself against Steamrep every week at least, but if you rarely add many new friends you can do less frequently.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    the number is derived from the last look on your page. not the current, this is due caching reasons. Therefore if you remove the scammer or the scammer removed you, you can still be seen with next lookup on your SR profile to have a scammer in the friends list. If you scroll down you should see a red block on any scammer in FL, you can check on some scammers in their friendslists to check on this, that the scammers get a red block in front.

Just refresh the page to get rid of the "number of scammers" if you removed them before.