1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Inactive account $4000$ stolen

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Rico Lambrini, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Rico Lambrini

Rico Lambrini New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39847655
    https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198039961038

I was a TF2 trader, went inactive 7 years ago. I stopped using steam and the associated paypal. 2014/2105 I tried to access my paypal but couldnt verify because of an old mobile number I no longer have. There was no reason for me to touch my steam without my trading account.

Last week I want to get back to both accounts. Somehow i cant log on STEAM or find my account, i opened a support ticket to recover the account, only during it I found out the items all stolen 2 years ago. Steam gave me access back and quickly closed my case, saying wont restore anything.

No idea what happened. Im trying to remember what happened before OCT -2018. There was no reason to touch my STEAM, to be susceptible to any phishing attacks. Im also out of touch of steam/ TF2 / trading communities, there were nothing that can entice me.

The associated Gmail account i have been using the whole time, no locked out. I have been getting steam notifications these years which i skimp through - "your favorite games are on sale", no other email notifications I remembered or cant find now.

Please advice
    Most importantly, need the money back for some emergency
    Secondly, what happened

Please understand this is emotionally and financially painful, it took me a few days to post here.

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your situation needs to be addressed with Valve not here - we do not handle anything to do with stolen accounts.
    Suggest you contact them Via steam support ticket
    https://help.steampowered.com/en/
  3. Rico Lambrini

Rico Lambrini New User

Steam:
    Thanks im trng to get advice on how to approach this

I cant edit my threads?! that picture is just showing those scum scammers take even the last peeny, which i have no idea of.....

pS -Some ideas I now know again - email account, login name, account name can be all different, even if one comprised, doesnt mean others are also compromised? Even if my gmail is comprised, could they have change my steam details, deleted emails notification from steam without me knowing, but they still have to know my login name?

This is sad that steam help at first glance
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your best advise - contact steam support.
    They are the only ones that can handle resolving a stolen account.
  5. Rico Lambrini

Rico Lambrini New User

Steam:
    typo, THIS Is sad that steam wont help at first glance.

The account is recovered already before this thread. 2 tickets now they wont recover items.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:

Sorry , wish there was more we can do but what you have happening there is between you and them.