1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

interesting new valve update

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Rosalina, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64197455
    If a user who is trade banned comments on someone's wall it says after their name Trade Banned in red letters on the steam client. That's kind of interesting.
    Roudydogg1 and SilentReaper(SR) like this.
  2. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:89145434
    Could you link me to that please?
    I think it's a nice addition, but it would be even more useful to tell users when they get a friend request. Eg.: User A with a VALVe tradeban adds user B. User B is notified a fried request, but when he/she wants to accept, an additional pop-up shows that user A is VALVe tradebanned and that they should handle with caution.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    He can show us with his trade banned alt :rolleyes:

Edit: A random profile with some "trade banned user comments" Not hidden behind steam login either, so that's nice.
    commentsbanned.jpg
  4. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Steam:
    Seems nice. Helps new users/unaware users become more aware of potential scammers.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hmm, sounds like they thought about an idea of mine/issue brought to attention and they did some close to that instead.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members).**
  7. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Steam:
    Seems good. I like the fact that they're putting effort in this. Thanks for the helpful answers too, fellows!