1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Inu's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Inu, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    1) SteamRep ID block pasted from your SR profile.
    | steamname: _inu
    | steam3ID: [U:1:124241975]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:62120987
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198084507703
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lordvessel
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198084507703

2) Are you at least 18 years of age? Timezone and nation of residence?

I am 20 years old, live in Austria with a timezone of UTC +1

3) Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)?

I am an industrial electrical engineer by trade and my hobbies include but are not limited to hard- and software hacking(especially on the Arduino Platform currently), shredding some sick riffs on my guitar, trying not to murder by girlfriend because she constantly loses things only for me to find them within 2 minutes and of course spending quality time with friends and family.

4) Why do you want to become a SteamRep moderator?

Because I want to extend my duty to fight and tag scammers for bazaar and bring it to where the report volume really is. I too was scammed once and I know exactly how it feels when the person who did it is still on the lose and simply not going to get banned any time soon because the volume SR's volunteer staff have to cover is immense

5) How much time can you devote to SteamRep per week?

This is probably the weak point of this application. I am a busy guy and I can not promise to be online every day. I'd say I can still devote 10+ hours a week though.
    I am currently consistently not available on weekends though. While I might still be able to do work on the site on weekends, getting a hold of me will be incredibly hard.

If there is any monthly goal for me to meet though, I will easily cover that without any hassle.

6) Do you have any prior administrative experience, or similar (please elaborate)?

Well I am the co-owner of bazaar.tf, in charge of bans(user discipline in general) and our SteamRep tag as well as in charge of our staff and our public relations. I don't expect many new things to come at me should I be accepted and if so, I am a fast learner.

7) What challenges do you foresee if you become a moderator?

This is a question I can not answer. Every staff position is inherently different. Not only because rules and guidelines may differ, but also because the people you get to(or have to in the worst case) work with also differ. I personally do not expect to see anything that I have not seen before in my past administration experiences.

8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce SteamRep rules and guidelines?

Yes of course.

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying / accepting reports and appeals?

No. I never had issues with that on bazaar either.

10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?

Yes. As I manage a team of admins and mods myself, I entirely understand how important structure is.

11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?

I can honestly not think of anything that needs to be improved on. I am happy with who I am and where I am.

12) What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to SteamRep?

I am a community admin with a lot of prior knowledge and years of experience. Ideally I could bring some fresh wind and perspective into the team.

13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)

Yes, and I would personally prefer to do appeals as I think that appeals are the most challenging aspect of the entire system and I would love to master them eventually.

14) Please list all alternate Steam accounts using SteamRep ID blocks.

I will do so but via PM, just message me asking for them. I have no problem with SteamRep staff knowing anything about my past accounts or alts, but I don't need them displayed publicly as I chose to part ways with those to get rid of old stories, not revive them(don't worry, it's nothing major).

15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?

Yes.

16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?

Yes.

17) (If applicable) List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin), also give a link to the account(s) there.

http://bazaar.tf/profiles/76561198084507703 - Co Owner

18) Do you have any questions?

What Is the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?
  2. Inu

Steam:
    Sorry for doubleposting but editing the post gives me an error and I would like to append the following:
    I have managed and owned several XenForo installations and thus am totally comfortable using the forum software and all its features, which is probably a good thing for a potential candidate.
  3. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Giving inu my stamp of approval.
    Tio José das Vacas, Edward. and Inu like this.
  4. Inu

Steam:
    Thanks a bunch!
  5. ScorchingVenom™

ScorchingVenom™ Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:74998026
    Full support goes to this man.
    I'd take a bullet for him.
  6. Inu

Steam:
    Much appreciated mate :)
  7. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Steamrep staff!! This application is now under review!!!
  8. buddhapest

buddhapest Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:136841
    hello, i am inu's #1 fan

i've known inu for over 3 years through our work together on bazaar.tf. when it comes to resolving trading issues (especially around scammers) he has been exceptionally professional, knowledgeable, thorough, and fair. i cannot recommend him enough for SR.
    Someone 2, Edward., Inu and 1 other person like this.
  9. Inu

Steam:
    No, thank you and the SteamRep staff for how much effort you put into anti-fraud and education. I am only looking to give back and help out :)

Many thanks dear old friend.
    Edward. likes this.
  10. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    I would love to see this guy as a mod. GL!
    Enstage and Inu like this.
  11. Inu

Steam:
    Thank you very much oh holy cow!
    Enstage and Someone 2 like this.
  12. Accell

Accell tf2bazaar founder Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32356495
    I will also vouch for Inu. He's done great with with buddhapest and I on Bazaar.tf in the fight against scammers. His work, attitude, and professionalism is top-notch which is why he is in charge of administration of Bazaar.tf. The fact that I've also come out of slumber just to add my thoughts here should say a bit too. ;)
    Edward., Inu and Tio José das Vacas like this.
  13. Inu

Steam:
    Thank you very much eggshell :)
  14. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Best of luck, you're doing great work.
    Tio José das Vacas and Inu like this.
  15. Inu

Steam:
    Thank you very much Gentleman :)
  16. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Your application has been accepted! Welcome to the staff!