1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

invalid report, what next?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Noxturno, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Noxturno

Noxturno New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3070218
    so I made a report, I really though it had all the info required for it to be accepted, I just dont want other people to be scammed by this guy, I know my goods are lost, I just want some kind of justice.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You can report them to Valve.
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
    But do keep in mind
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  3. Noxturno

Noxturno New User

Steam:
    I have send you a private message, mind checking on it ?
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Generally speaking, we need the following documentation: (written guidelines, for reference)
    1. Proof of a specific agreement. This includes what was to be traded for what.
    2. Proof of transaction and delivery: Proof that you upheld your side of the bargain, per trade agreement in #1, as well as proof that the accused did not.
    3. Proof of identity; all of the above needs to be verifiably tied to a Steam account, and we need to be able to confirm you really did interact with the specific accused you named and not an impostor or something.
    If the specific terms of your trade weren't negotiated through Steam, it's usually difficult or impossible to establish #1, so your report may have been closed for that.
    I'm sorry to say, you're in the wrong place for that. We aren't in the business of "avenging" victims, or striking fear into the hearts of scammers. The purpose of reporting someone is to warn others not to deal with him/her. If you have solid enough evidence, we'll permanently add it to their SteamRep profile, so others can really quickly and easily find it before they too find themselves scam victims.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. Noxturno

Noxturno New User

Steam:
    you are right, it did sound like avenging ... just want to make sure people are aware of this user.
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Unfortunately, if you don't have a trade agreement or other evidence criteria, we can't publicly call them a de facto scammer. We try to hold a high standard of evidence before trashing people's reputation.

You can try reporting to other subreddits to ban him if they feel your evidence is solid enough, or reporting to Valve as Horse suggested, but it seems like you weren't able to provide enough to meet our standards. Sorry about that.
  7. Noxturno

Noxturno New User

Steam:
    I was so sure the screenshot I had would be enough but I learned my lesson. I got the mods on reddit to post him on the scammer list , so thats a win, I also reported him on the steam thing like mr horse said. thanks for been helpfull