1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is extreme sharking (example below) something I should report?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Ghost Nappa!, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Ghost Nappa!

Ghost Nappa! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43922024
    This guy that added me was bragging about sharking a dude by trading a buds for a mangler (non-painted).

What do?

Screen shots will follow when I get a good response.

He seems sketch overall.
  2. HAK

HAK New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29044036
    Trust me, we have seen much much much, worse reports and these usually follow a huge drama in the forums due to old trade members lashing out on one another. In case you were curious, sharking has been a tradition long born before you and me even started shooting our first bullet on someone in tf 2.

With that being said, there is currently no "Shark" tag on SR policy and most of the 'sharked' items are allowed to be traded or sold for real cash without much prohibition.

All you can hope for is pray that every new noob in TF 2 will pick themselves up and keep themselves well informed at all times.
  3. Jmcmλtrix

Jmcmλtrix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5412928
  4. Champelliot

Champelliot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36236835
    Unfortunately sharking isn't a taggable offense at the time I wrote this, however if a person offers to buy a Unusual Team Captain off a new player for say €100, and then default on paying that, then they could be marked as a scammer.
  5. Jailbait

Jailbait New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26285681
    I honestly don't think sharks will get tags on SR, and it is a decision I suppourt.

However, this absolutely does not mean we like sharks, and infact if you can give absolutely solid proof that someone has been sharking then I am sure that the community admins (hint, me) will listen to you, and punish the sharks with bans from servers and sites etc.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    UTC bans for it, now I hear AceFortress does too, and I think some other communities will ban for them as well. SR doesn't mark for them for a number of reasons.