1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is it considered a scam if some has unmet trade obligations?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Mr.LOUISH, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Mr.LOUISH

Mr.LOUISH New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33404909
    What im asking is that what if some wants an item, and says they pay half now half later but never follow up on payment. Is this an offence?
  2. SiickNastikillr

SiickNastikillr New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41868651
    Absolutely. If you have a screenshot, or maybe even a chat log of this person promising to pay you half now, half later, and then a screen of your trade history (and paypal history, if cash was involved), showing they did not pay later, they can be marked as a scammer.
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Agreed, this is absolutely an offense. Anyone who can't be trusted to hold up their side of a bargain in trade should be marked as a scammer.
  4. Mr.LOUISH

Mr.LOUISH New User

Steam:
    Thank you for your assistance
  5. Mr.LOUISH

Mr.LOUISH New User

Steam:
    One more question, a guy i was trading with said there is a way to "send" keys without trade is this true?
  6. Champelliot

Champelliot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36236835
    No, there isn't. The only way to get keys is through trading or purchasing from the Store. Since all trades are performed through the item server, this should be impossible.
  7. Mr.LOUISH

Mr.LOUISH New User

Steam:
    Thank you, thats what I thought.
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

well, there is a gift wrap, but those do cost as well, makes no sense to use those to "gift" a key to someone, especially if its a "payment".
  9. Champelliot

Champelliot New User

Steam:
    You can't gift wrap keys, and you would still have to use the trade interface, even if it was wrapped.
  10. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

ehm, not if you really "gift" it... you talk about trading wrapped items, not the final "gift" to some1. I never tried to wrap keys, so I didn't know that exception.
  11. Champelliot

Champelliot New User

Steam:
    Wait, I'm sorry, I've lost what you're talking about. The only way to get items from one person's inv to another is through the trade window AFAIK, even if you use gift wrap you still have to trade the wrapped item to them. Have I missed something?
  12. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    You can send a wrapped gift directly to someone without trading them.

I don't think it's possible to wrap keys.
    Champelliot likes this.
  13. Champelliot

Champelliot New User

Steam:
    I'll be honest, I never knew that. Whenever I've receive wrapped items, (skulls, jujus) it's always through the trade window.
  14. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

well, one can wrap items, but to "unwrap" it, it must be "gifted", which doesn't require the trade window....
    Melkor likes this.