1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is it me or does processing reports take years?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [NTG] TheDems, Nov 5, 2013.

1. [NTG] TheDems

[NTG] TheDems New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:9885958
    I started reporting a few months ago and there are two people that I reported whose reports are still pending. I know it takes awhile, but I'm impatient.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    As many threads in the general section already have pointed out, we have a large backlog. We are working on immediate and long term solutions to clear and prevent such a backlog from happening again.
    Sjru, Eoj Nawoh and Mattie! like this.
  3. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    How about force users to report to steam support first(for most scams) before they can make a report here.
    Guilty scammers will at least of been marked by Valve, and the the scammer did multiple scams, they would be permatrade banned, giving you guys a little less stress.
  4. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    well, we modeled it after the Valve Time procedure....

(just kidding....)
    NinjaNick likes this.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Ill be making another notice thread in this section open for replies and we will be adding additional changes to that notice as well.
  7. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
  8. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    report thru community groups list on front page of steamrep.com and the FAQ http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/

Which by the way if anyone that can revise the FAQ is watching it needs to be updated - RAWR doesn't exist now.
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    Updated a few faq entries/formatting issues, just start a conversation with me on these forums (aka send me a pm) if you see additional things that need fixing. (besides SR itself, heuheu)
  10. sG| insane survival Atze

sG| insane survival Atze New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:15969563
    Seriously what is the point of this site now that trades involving keys are not reviewed anymore??

Most scamming attempts happen in cases like that! Are you guys just trying to make your life easy or what..
  11. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    We're overwhelmed with Steam trade scams-- check our backlog. Most scam attempts are not related to trading Steam games-- they are a small portion. Our partner communities do review CD-Key scams and can mark people-- for example the great folks at /r/steamgameswap. If you know the admins of other major communities that deal with steam game trades, have them reach out to us and we'll see about getting them involved to help us review/mark/etc CD-Key scams.

The hard part with these scams is that they require a LOT of evidence and it is very hard to confirm them unless you are Valve. So SR itself doesn't have the bandwidth to handle those in the volume we receive. Fraud like that is still scamming, but it's probably best for our partner community experts to investigate those.
    Penguin The Fluffy likes this.
  12. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Before we changed our policy, we hardly even accepted CD key scam reports to begin with.

Hold on, something with your wording doesn't seem right to me-- Do you mean CD keys or keys as in the item(s)? This sentence if very vague, "Seriously what is the point of this site now that trades involving keys are not reviewed anymore", hence my doubt. If you are talking about TF2/Dota/CSGO keys, then you must have read the policy change incorrectly. If you do in-fact mean CD keys, I would disagree with your reasoning. Please reply as I'd like to know which type of key you're referring to.
  13. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    The point of this site now is to get alt accounts banned.

BTW, if there's another type of scam that's too hard to deal with, maybe those types of scams should be removed from steamrep as well.
    There's some scams that were submitted long ago and never even looked at.. If it's impossible for you guys to figure out if someone is guilty, maybe these should be removed as well.
    (Only you the admins, know which types of scams are easy and which are hard)
  14. You Are The One

Steam:
    ya, he sounds like hes talking about ingame keys,
  15. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    CD-key scams are not especially "difficult" scams to research. We just have a huge backlog and lots of partner sites that can help us with these reports so we are delegating responsibility. We are NOT "just looking for alts"- that is absolutely misleading and completely untrue. Nearly all of the scammers I have marked recently are new scammers brought into the economy through Dota 2 or CS:GO.
  16. You Are The One

Steam:
    ya, that statement was pretty naive of him.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  17. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    I'm just saying, if there's another type of scam that's it's impossible to know if someone is guilty or not, maybe steam support should handle these to.
    Would be nice if the oldest backlogs were no older then a few months.
  18. You Are The One

Steam:
    Then go make your own version of SR, I'm sure you will do better.
  19. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Ohh no, if he did that he wouldn't be on here as much so he can pad his post count with content that makes little to no sense.