1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

is it okay now

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Hello098, May 19, 2016.

1. Hello098

Hello098 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:153794738
    We can now scam with spycrabs, boxing or raffle wagers cause it they dont accept this report so then we wont be marked as scammers anyways and people will still think we are trusted??
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    No. Certainly not. While SteamRep itself doesn't mark for this, partner communities do and can still ban you on SteamRep for it. SteamRep even sometimes takes spycrab reports if the evidence is overwhelming.

Scamming is scamming and just because you won't get in trouble does not make it alright. The fact you think you can scam people just because you think you can get away with it is actually disgusting. Also, just because your scam report got invalidated, I don't see that as a reason to come and make a post asking whether you can scam now too.
    Edward. likes this.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I marked your report invalid - you didn't have no evidence to start with but SR no longer accepts reports such as what you filed for. - If the community server or community has more on their end as in evidence to support your claims aside a picture that showed absolutely nothing then sure they can ban for that.

I'm speaking for WA not SR here - but WA will not ban thru SR for something like that unless I have 100% proof and even then its hard to have since most people don't document enough.

Such issues you can still report to Valve too thru the profile reporting but its not going to get your items back regardless of what you do.
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  4. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Speaking on behalf of Lethal Zone: Policy changes pending, we will mark users for spycrabbing if the evidence is overwhelming.

So while SR will generally not consider these cases, you might still get marked if you decide to scam someone with spycrab.